AGM/EGM now

Good morning

I have serious doubts about an answer I got, asking if an AGM/EGM can be called nowadays>> it will obviously lead to more than 10 people meeting in person..

One manager told me it can be held if in open air..
Does anyone have an idea and the text which applies to this, as I have to prove what I say ? I found some things in internet but was for last year..

It is in Chonburi province around Pattaya so dark red zone and according to what I have read the emergency decree prohibits all more than 5 persons gathering

Thank you very much

Have a nice week end

Edited by domdom

We had our AGM under similar circumstances. They spoke to local authorities who said it was permitted provided that suitable Covid prevention measures were taken. Outdoor area, well ventilated and appropriate social distancing. Luckily our condo is relatively small and we have a nice decking area which has good wind flow and out of the sun. It felt safe and no one caught Covid that we know of.

I imagine in large condos it would be more challenging. I think you will find it difficult to find a specific regulation/ruling dealing with this though as i doubt there has been one.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same problem with our AGM coming up soon. We are exploring whether we can legally not have an AGM this year and postpone until 2022. The other issue of course is if we had one there would be very few attendees and no quorum.

Edited by Henryford

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

We have the same problem with our AGM coming up soon. We are exploring whether we can legally not have an AGM this year and postpone until 2022. The other issue of course is if we had one there would be very few attendees and no quorum.

Unfortunately in the Condo Act there is no provision for the AGM to be cancelled or postponed by the Committee. I expect they will need to go through the motions and resolve to postpone it in the meeting.