Trying to search for this topic but keeps saying the search words are too small LOL

So I will ask here ... Can someone please tell me how many square metres there are to 1 Rai of land.

TIA

If your lucky enough to get a piece which is square it will be 40m x 40m

Can someone please tell me how many square metres there are to 1 Rai of land.TIA

Hi

This may assist further:

Useful Data:

The three Thai land measurement units are rai, ngan, and talang (square) wah or TW:

1 TW = 4 m2 = 43 ft2 = 4.8 yd2

1 ngan = 100 TW = 400 m2 = 478 yd2

1 rai = 400 TW = 4 ngan = 1,600 m2 = 0.16 hectares = 1,914 yd2 = 0.40 acres

1 acre = 4,047 m2 = 2.53 rai

1 hectare (ha) = 2. 4711 acres

1 rai = 1,600 m2

A common property designator used in advertising takes this form: [1-0-70]

Thus [1-0-70] means [1 rai, 0 ngan, and 70 TW] = 1-0-70 = 1600 m2 + 0 + (70x4 m2) = 1,880 m2

And 34 rai = 34 x 1600 m2 = 54,400 m2 = 5.44 hectares = 13.44 acres (from data above) :o

Trying to search for this topic but keeps saying the search words are too small LOL

So I will ask here ... Can someone please tell me how many square metres there are to 1 Rai of land.

TIA

or unlucky enough to get a circular piece it will be approx 45m in dia :o

I think I'm qualified to answer this one. :o

Yes, as "ataloss" informed us, 1 rai = 1,600 sq m, 1 ngan = 400 sq m, 1 talang wah = 4 sq m.

I do think you should take this loosely in some cases though, depending on the title deed. Chanotes are 100% accurate and are defined by land markers. Nor Sor Sam titles are generally less accurately surveyed than Chanote titles, as their boundaries are only recorded in relation to the neighboring plots and survey errors in length of boundary or area are not unusual. When purchasing land under a Nor Sor Sam title which lacks clearly defined boundaries it is recommended to engage the services of a reputable surveyor to confirm location of land boundaries and the size of the land. The Nor Sor Sam Gor title is more accurately surveyed with the Land Departments where they apply more accurate survey methods (each plot is cross referenced to a master survey of the area and a corresponding aerial photograph).

Thanks for the information on this.

I would have replied earlier but sometimes, getting to an i-net cafe seems hard work, at the moment.

Now at least I know how big 1 Rai is and not have to work out the g/f estimates any longer LOL.

Chanotes are 100% accurate and are defined by land markers.

IMHO I would not buy any land for anyone that did not have a Bai Chanote.

The document means you have absolute right to the land. :o

No lease, no rent etc..........

Freehold in UK terms.

Can anyone supply me with a useful visual metaphor for the size of one rai? Like in football fields or something?

Ta.

1 rai = approx 2 tennis courts ( includng the surrounds where they players move ) :o

Excellent, me and the missus are buying 2.5 rai so room for tennis court but not a football pitch methinks.

Can anyone supply me with a useful visual metaphor for the size of one rai? Like in football fields or something?

Ta.

1 rai = approx 2 tennis courts ( includng the surrounds where they players move ) :o

Excellent, me and the missus are buying 2.5 rai so room for tennis court but not a football pitch methinks.

so youve got yourself an acre or a little over half a footy pitch. :D

TIA

er don't you mean 400 x 400 m ?

TIA

er don't you mean 400 x 400 m ?

1 Talang Wah = 4sqmetres

1 Rai = 400TW= 1600sqmetres

40x40= 1600

It's back to school for you, my lad (or replace the battery in your calculator)

• 9 months later...

And remember when the land is cleared it "look's" a lot bigger.

I've attached some photo's of 90 Talang Wah near Fang. The whole residential area is divided up into the same sized lot's. By the time you build a house, small garden, and a drive it might not be as big as you think.

The first pic is cleared land, the second two are the future Mrs Razz's waiting to be cleared. And yes, the "house" will be rebuilt! :o:D

RAZZ

post-22947-1205569462_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1205569514_thumb.jpg

post-22947-1205569547_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAZZELL