Paying Tax

stament

I need to pay income tax on earnings myself.  Where is the Income Tax office in Chiang Mai - near the government offices at City hall?

Secondly, I'm guessing it's not that easy to complete all the forms myself as I am presuming they will be in Thai, so I will need some assistance (from someone) or does the government office help you with that LOL?  I just have a part-time job whereby 3% withholding tax is deducted but I am responsible for paying the income tax element.

I understand the tax year runs Jan to December and I need to submit my return by the end of March 2022.

Thanks in advance

The tax office is part of the government office complex at City Hall. My experience of the staff there is that they are very helpful. It is not necessary to hire someone to help you. However, it probably would be useful to take a Thai friend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in Bangkok and do not know about chiang mai.
However as I understand it you have to use the Thai form

But there is an english version available. either P.N.D.90 or P.N.D.91 form code on the top.
PND 90 for taxpayer with income not only from employment

PND 91 for taxpayer with income from employment

If you go to the following website they have a guide to filling it out and allowances.

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/Insights/Doing-Business-in-Thailand/Payroll/Personal-income-tax-return-PND-91-_A-Closer-Look
They show part of the form. I cannot find one quickly on google search.
I did find a copy a couple of years ago. It is attached.  
I do not know if it is fully up to date, but its likely to still be almost the same.

pnd9151_25022551.pdf

Edited by jojothai
correction
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

I am in Bangkok and do not know about chiang mai.
However as I understand it you have to use the Thai form

But there is an english version available. either P.N.D.90 or P.N.D.91 form code on the top.
PND 90 for taxpayer with income not only from employment

PND 91 for taxpayer with income from employment

If you go to the following website they have a guide to filling it out and allowances.

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/Insights/Doing-Business-in-Thailand/Payroll/Personal-income-tax-return-PND-91-_A-Closer-Look
They show part of the form. I cannot find one quickly on google search.
I did find a copy a couple of years ago. It is attached.  
I do not know if it is fully up to date, but its likely to still be almost the same.

pnd9151_25022551.pdf 79.73 kB · 0 downloads

This is an excellent guide.  Much appreciated @jojothai

57 minutes ago, stament said:

Interesting, I wonder what kind of receipt is required for the charitable donation.....as I donated to our village school this year.

TIT, You can try and see what they say. Also, if you have any life insurance here, check if its being paid with tax relief or not.