Home Internet

StevePettman

Hi all,

Will start building our home in Nong Khai (7kms outside of the city) in about a month from now.

Just wondering from those who live in this area who do you think is the best and most reliable internet service provider?

I have checked both AIS and 3BB (and they have mentioned my new home can be connected via fibre). 3BB is cheaper per month than AIS but wondering which one I should go for.

Anyone have any experiences in this field?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Not quite in your area (120 km).

We have 3BB fiber for about two years.

And as for most other users on the forum there is little to complain.

Both 3BB and AIS have a good reputation.

But some swear that AIS is better in terms of non-throttled connections (internationally).

Also I guess the AIS offer will include AIS public WiFi access?

Coverage of AIS WiFi is better than 3BB from my experience.

In our village AIS is available only since a few months.

They came late after 3BB.

Possible advantage: fewer users connected, less congestion?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martyjustice said:

In Ubon area had 3BB. No real complaints. Once every 3 or 4 months might go down for a while, but that even happens in the States. Good pricing. No real experience with AIS other that cell phones. 

We are in Ubon too, and can endorse your 3BB comments. Over 15 years now, and very few problems, which were dealt with rapidly.

I have had 3BB fiber optic for about a year and would recommend it. I have the dual modem that has 5g for my new computers and 2.4g for my old computers and phones. This is my 5g wifi speed. I can get faster if I use an ethernet cable but this is fast enough for anything I need.

Speed.jpg

3BB, 631 bht per month, fibre wit free wifi modem, hang on, I will do a speed test now..

Ping               1ms.....

Download 601.3 Mbps.

Upload      300.6 Mbps. 

My 10 year old desk top, I installed a 1 GB LAN card and the best CPU for the motherboard I could find for the ageing lga 775 socket, it's a modified Xeon E5450....3.0GHz

I use PCmag and Ookla testers..

3BB are very good at sorting problems quickly in my area, even tell me what to do with my PC to improve Internet speeds, no, not chuck out of the window......????

Just a side not about 3BB. When I came to Thailand 15 years ago I had the same 3BB package at 599 baht (631 including vat) and the speed back then was 2 Mbps. They keep upgrading the speed and have not increased the price.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

Just a side not about 3BB. When I came to Thailand 15 years ago I had the same 3BB package at 599 baht (631 including vat) and the speed back then was 2 Mbps. They keep upgrading the speed and have not increased the price.

Yep, same here.....????