ED Visa -> 60 covid day ext.

ED visa expiring next month.  Would like to do 60 day covid ext after that. An employee at the school said the ext starts from cancellation date of ED visa. However, I think I've seen mention on this site that extensions start from the end of the permission to stay. ps. Phuket immigration

I suspect your non-ed visa expired long ago and you are now on a extension of stay based upon attending school.

If your extension is canceled you have apply for another extension on the day it is  The done. The new extension will start from that day.

If you were able to get letter from the school stating you are no longer attending classes on the day your extension expires expires you could apply for new one on that day.

I some cases you can go to immigration early and they will post date the cancelation to the date on the letter and do your new extension on that day and it would start on that day.

• Thanks 1

I arrived last year on a tourist visa before covid, then got a few freebie "covid amnesty" months before finally getting a non-immigrant category "ED" visa in September.  Ok, I think I will go down to immigration to see if they will do an extension from a post-dated letter first, then get the letter dated a week or so before the last day of my stay.