DoE: Foreigners with work permits have a right to Covid-19 vax

webfact

26 minutes ago, djayz said:

On the contrary. I'm saying we are all equal, young and old, Thais and foreigners. After those who are most at risk, e.g. medical staff, have been vaccinated, then the rest of the population should be vaccinated without categories, rules, priorities. 

Regarding your comment about letting the old die. I am in two minds about that. On the one hand, we younger people owe them so much. Without them we wouldn't have the standard of living, freedoms, rights, etc.  we enjoy and take for granted. On the other hand, it does seem like a waste to be vaccinating those who only have a few years left anyways. 

Do we take the moral high ground or be practical? 

Except for the medics which I understand - the population is unequal - the old die of Covid often the young rarely. Your equal treatment will result in unnecessary deaths. Unlike you I do not dismiss/deny the old's right to life. Old/sick vaccinated first will reduce deaths, reduce the pressure on the hospitals.

18 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Except for the medics which I understand - the population is unequal - the old die of Covid often the young rarely. Your equal treatment will result in unnecessary deaths. Unlike you I do not dismiss/deny the old's right to life. Old/sick vaccinated first will reduce deaths, reduce the pressure on the hospitals.

Where did I say I dismiss/deny old people vaccinations? Do not twist my words. 

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

All Foreigners have a right to a Covid 19 Vaccination.

The fact that we are all members of the Human Race qualifies us, not a Visa or Work permit Etc

Thailand statement " we do not discriminate against Foreigners "

You are right but go and tell that to a golf club ???? If you pay membership or green fee you can play you may invite a friend but somebody has to pay for him. Social security is the same thing. That's unfortunately how it works. Others can use their own insurance but those have a lot of string attached especially for those who are older.  That's why I'm <deleted> of by those embassies (extension of their government) that refuse to help their own while many still pay taxes and contributions in their home country. And yes if you were my friend I would pay for you if necessary.

Just as my cousin has done, if I lived in Thailand, I would have went back to my home 

country and got the 2 vaccine shots for COVID, spent 6 weeks visiting with my various 

family members to save some money, then returned to Thailand fully vaccinated and

hopefully able to survive getting sick from the COVID virus. There are likely quite a few

members on this forum who could have done that as well, but are instead taking their lives in

their hands, and trusting that they will get the vaccine, before they get sick with COVID.

Well good luck with that, stay cautious, and stay healthy. 

Geezer