Thaivisa Barbeque Party In Chiang Mai !

george

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get out the Bug Spray!!!!

Baz, RdRokit and myself will be arriving in Chiang Mai on Monday night, 12 July.

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and checking out the local watering holes.

Any suggestions for lodging close to the prospective venues would be greatly appreciated.

post-13660-1182344529_thumb.jpg

That should read Monday, July 9th as the 12th would be Thursday. I know this because the 12th is MY birthday!!!! :o

Baz, RdRokit and myself will be arriving in Chiang Mai on Monday night, 12 July.

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and checking out the local watering holes.

Any suggestions for lodging close to the prospective venues would be greatly appreciated.

That should read Monday, July 9th as the 12th would be Thursday. I know this because the 12th is MY birthday!!!! :o

ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE

Thursday is Rdrokit's birthday and he's buying Woo Hoo :D

Crow "make mine a Singha mate" Boy

Oops.....

1000 pardons......our arrival date will be 9 July. whacky086.gif whacky086.gif

Rocco and I will be available all week for sampling beers and Baz will entertain questions from the more cerebral members of the Chiang Mai community in matters relating to quantum physics.

I might have to import another Kiwi,so we can show you bedweters how to drink..... :D

More like how to puke in the porcelain queen. We have Kiwis in Pattaya but we don't see much of them as they are out playing with their sheep. :o

On a less serious note when we find out where the party will be on Thursday the 12th you must stop by and I will buy you a drink or 3. :D

I might have to import another Kiwi,so we can show you bedweters how to drink..... ;)

More like how to puke in the porcelain queen. We have Kiwis in Pattaya but we don't see much of them as they are out playing with their sheep. :o

On a less serious note when we find out where the party will be on Thursday the 12th you must stop by and I will buy you a drink or 3. :bah:

Oh boy, Rocco's buying!!!!!

The last time he bought we didn't even have to bring our own brown paper bags!!!

post-13660-1182495562.gif

:bah::D:D:D:D:o

On a less serious note when we find out where the party will be on Thursday the 12th you must stop by and I will buy you a drink or 3. :o

Rdrockit - your birthday your call.

We can go live music - Guitarman and see Joe Cummings and his band play

Tuskers - nice venue, genial host, chuckok's home away from home becuase they have the rugby on the television

#1 - good fun, nice hostesses, belgian beer

else do the pub crawl and go for the full set - sheesh and me having to work the next morning. Seriously guys why did you have to come up here during the week and not include a weekend? Some of us are gainfully employed and live out of town :D

CB

Where's my mate Austhaied? I will need help with this lot.... :o

McG

Sitting on a ship in Batam Indonesia in dry dock waiting for a tech from Rolls Royce to arrive to fix our thruster...Meanwhile, the lads are planning a recce of all the pubs in town...It's a hard life Mcg, but someone has to live it...Err one more Bintang please....

You are on your own on this one spicy boy, and the way this contract is going i may even miss the BBQ in August as well...<deleted> happens i guess..

Later.

As long as the women are pretty and the beer unlimited I will be happy.

I think we can find somewhere inappropriate for you :o

Hey McSpicy - you're up for the late night detail after I have to go home.

CB

I am actualy serious about this. I can take the visitors around on one night to the three finalist venues and will happily join in on Thursday for rdrokit's birthday but I have to start work at 7am and can't do late night partying each day. I think there are plenty of other CM TV posters who have more free time than me who can help out on this one.

If you are willing to help our TV visitors enjoy CM - please post a message on this thread and let them know which day/days you are available for a drink. McSpicy can organise the places and times to meet up with everyone. As a now established Bar Hound he will be well set to drag these poor guys into every low bar in town plus a few up market ones for a change of scenery.

thanks

CB

Pissheads... :D

:D

Yep,

Have to agree.....out of the top 50 topics in the Chiang Mai Forum, look at the top 2 viewed threads!

:o

Unfortunately we don't have the cultural sophistication of Pattaya to keep us amused with Symphony music, ball room dancing, and the up scale restaurants. Around here it is "will sir require a glass for his beer while he eats dinner?".

We have several threads going on who makes the best pizza, for God's sake!! Just don't start anyone on Ribs or Burgers though or it will be flamethrowers at 15 paces within the first five posts.

I am impressed that we have generated 260 posts on 18 pages and the venue hasn't even been anounced yet. When that happens we will get another 53 pages on why it is or isn't the best choice and how the reccie team are biased :D

After that will start the we want/don't want music and eventually 12 people will actually attend, 8 of whom are from out of town. Post party will have a flood of posts on why so and so didn't attend because the plumbing blew up, the wife and girlfriend found out about the other, or there was something good on the television about stamp collecting so they couldn't attend.

CB - who will be there come hel_l or high water, unless I can think of something better to do that night :D

come do it in bangkok and I will be there :D

that way you can get rid of anyone complaining about why it wasnt a certain CM bar over the other HEHEHE problem solved :o

:bah:

Yep,

Have to agree.....out of the top 50 topics in the Chiang Mai Forum, look at the top 2 viewed threads!

Unfortunately we don't have the cultural sophistication of Pattaya to keep us amused with Symphony music, ball room dancing, and the up scale restaurants. Around here it is "will sir require a glass for his beer while he eats dinner?".

We have several threads going on who makes the best pizza, for God's sake!! Just don't start anyone on Ribs or Burgers though or it will be flamethrowers at 15 paces within the first five posts.

I am impressed that we have generated 260 posts on 18 pages and the venue hasn't even been anounced yet. When that happens we will get another 53 pages on why it is or isn't the best choice and how the reccie team are biased :D

After that will start the we want/don't want music and eventually 12 people will actually attend, 8 of whom are from out of town. Post party will have a flood of posts on why so and so didn't attend because the plumbing blew up, the wife and girlfriend found out about the other, or there was something good on the television about stamp collecting so they couldn't attend.

CB - who will be there come hel_l or high water, unless I can think of something better to do that night :D

So when will the venue be announced?? Like someone said before "it's not rocket science".I'ts just a BBQ for heavens sake.. :o

Edited by Austhaied

Yep,

Actually CB,

We are delighted at the response generated so far and firmly believe this will be the biggest Thai Visa party to date.

As far as plans for when we are there, it will be great to meet some of you, but please don't disrupt your homelife/work schedule. Baz is like a bloodhound...if there is a cold beer within 300 km, he'll find it!!!

Yep,

nothing beats the Red Lion/ O'Malley's thread!

I agree. It was like an old friend that had passed away when it got the chop..

I am sure this thread will give it a run for it's money though..

I am sure that when I get the go ahead to announce the venue we will get something similar. I also miss that thread too, it was bordering on the rediculous but had a lot of fun with the passionate defence of one over the other. All we need to do was for them to start doing pizza, burgers, and ribs and it would have captured 90% of the CM traffic on Thai Visa

CB

Yep,

Actually CB,

We are delighted at the response generated so far and firmly believe this will be the biggest Thai Visa party to date.

As far as plans for when we are there, it will be great to meet some of you, but please don't disrupt your homelife/work schedule. Baz is like a bloodhound...if there is a cold beer within 300 km, he'll find it!!!

I am really impressed by the response as well and think/hope you are right. If nothing else the topic has kept a lot of people interested for quite some time now. It will be excellent if we get the people to turn up. I have a few ideas on what we can do to identify each other rather than just a name tag.

I am thinking of making it a theme party. Everyone has to wear something that gives a CLUE of who they are on the forum. Makes it a little more interesting than having a badge saying "HI my name is Crowboy". I can't wait to see Blinky Bill in his Koala suit that he wrestled off some poor kid doing a Wilderness Society fund raiser.

CB

:bah:

Yep,

Actually CB,

I am really impressed by the response as well and think/hope you are right. If nothing else the topic has kept a lot of people interested for quite some time now. It will be excellent if we get the people to turn up. I have a few ideas on what we can do to identify each other rather than just a name tag.

I am thinking of making it a theme party. Everyone has to wear something that gives a CLUE of who they are on the forum. Makes it a little more interesting than having a badge saying "HI my name is Crowboy". I can't wait to see Blinky Bill in his Koala suit that he wrestled off some poor kid doing a Wilderness Society fund raiser.

CB

I can't wait to see McSpicy wrapped around a chrome pole..

Great idea Loy Crow Boy.. :D

CB

I can't wait to see McSpicy wrapped around a chrome pole..

Great idea Loy Crow Boy.. :D

Yeah, hanging upside down in my tasseled white leather bikini/go-go boots- now that's a pretty picture (NOT!).

Loi KrowBoy's outfit:

post-23786-1182773605_thumb.jpg

(You pick which one!)

Austhaied's getup:

post-23786-1182773682.jpg