Thaivisa Barbeque Party In Chiang Mai !

george

I am thinking of making it a theme party. Everyone has to wear something that gives a CLUE of who they are on the forum. Makes it a little more interesting than having a badge saying "HI my name is Crowboy". I can't wait to see Blinky Bill in his Koala suit that he wrestled off some poor kid doing a Wilderness Society fund raiser.

CB

Do you reckon this might be a bit of a give-away Crowy? The one I got off the kid didn't fit so I had to buy this one.

133A.jpeg

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of making it a theme party. Everyone has to wear something that gives a CLUE of who they are on the forum. Makes it a little more interesting than having a badge saying "HI my name is Crowboy". I can't wait to see Blinky Bill in his Koala suit that he wrestled off some poor kid doing a Wilderness Society fund raiser.

CB

A theme party. :o Do I have to change my name to "Piss Head" then....

CB

Here's yer costume, chuchok:

post-23786-1182774710.jpg

McG

CB

Do you reckon this might be a bit of a give-away Crowy? The one I got off the kid didn't fit so I had to buy this one.

Actually it fit, but you couldn't get his blood out in the wash. :o

CB

so how will we be able to recognize anyone then, hi i'm pisshead, oh, i'm pisshead too

I hear that there’s to be a “Renovation Jubilation” party at The Pub on Saturday night. Grahame has put his hand into his deep pocket and found some left-overs and decided to treat one and all. (Nice guy!) Free buffet and live music in the garden (weather permitting) Old and young dinosaurs are welcome!! Maybe an opportunity for those concerned to case the joint before deciding on the venue for the tv barbeque party. .

Just a thought. :o

Cheers

I hear that there’s to be a “Renovation Jubilation” party at The Pub on Saturday night. Grahame has put his hand into his deep pocket and found some left-overs and decided to treat one and all. (Nice guy!) Free buffet and live music in the garden (weather permitting) Old and young dinosaurs are welcome!! Maybe an opportunity for those concerned to case the joint before deciding on the venue for the tv barbeque party. .

Cheers

Toon - fyi I did the reccie at the Pub and spoke (at length) with Grahame about holding the party there. Have the bungalows been completed already?

CB

I am impressed that we have generated 260 posts on 18 pages and the venue hasn't even been anounced yet. When that happens we will get another 53 pages on why it is or isn't the best choice and how the reccie team are biased :D

***yawn***

:o

Yes, I kind of stopped reading all of this.. There is such a thing as TOO MUCH planning. And no matter where the venue, it'll be a bunch of Farang geezers sipping their beers. Exciting!

I think I like the small and informal ones the most.

Edited by chanchao

Cheers

Toon - fyi I did the reccie at the Pub and spoke (at length) with Grahame about holding the party there. Have the bungalows been completed already?

CB

CB - Not all complete, Grahame is looking to open-up sometime around end of next month, hopefully before the weather breaks.

There is such a thing as TOO MUCH planning.

Agreed. And as said before, just name the venue and be done with it. What's the big deal ??

The "big deal" is that those who are sponsoring the party have never been to Chiang Mai and are depending on the locals to find a venue suitable for between 50 - 100 people.

The local members who have undertaken this task (and done a superb job so far) also have jobs and homelives to attend to, and they cannot be expected to drop everything to attend recons everynight.

After the final 3 or 4 venues have been selected by the local members, representatives from Thai Visa will meet with the owners in order that they may seal a deal that is good for the sponsors as well as good for the members.

Then the sign up thread will be posted so we can get a good head count for catering purposes.

Then we'll have the party on the date that was selected by the local members...18 August.

Hope this explains everything again.

Agreed. And as said before, just name the venue and be done with it. What's the big deal ??

The "big deal" is that those who are sponsoring the party have never been to Chiang Mai and are depending on the locals to find a venue suitable for between 50 - 100 people.

The local members who have undertaken this task (and done a superb job so far) also have jobs and homelives to attend to, and they cannot be expected to drop everything to attend recons everynight.

After the final 3 or 4 venues have been selected by the local members, representatives from Thai Visa will meet with the owners in order that they may seal a deal that is good for the sponsors as well as good for the members.

Then the sign up thread will be posted so we can get a good head count for catering purposes.

Then we'll have the party on the date that was selected by the local members...18 August.

Roger, loud and clear.

Any clue as to who the "final 3" venues are ?

Regards.

AT.

Austhaied, I hear it's down to YOUR HOUSE (don't worry, we'll be very careful with the furniture, the glassware, etc.), Loi KrowBoy's house, and the Mountain Sand Quarry located near the Burma border that the mysterious matrix88 is inquiring about.... :o

Austhaied, I hear it's down to YOUR HOUSE (don't worry, we'll be very careful with the furniture, the glassware, etc.), Loi KrowBoy's house, and the Mountain Sand Quarry located near the Burma border that the mysterious matrix88 is inquiring about.... :o

Fine, I'll get the missus to start cleaning the house then. It should be clean by then. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Baz, Rocco and I will be arriving late in the afternoon on Monday the 9th.

Anyone who would like to tip a few can post here.

I'm not sure where we are going or when, but there's a good possibility that we will be someplace that has beer.whacky086.gif

I'm not sure where we are going or when, but there's a good possibility that we will be someplace that has beer.whacky086.gif

Count me in!

Crikey,how long does it take.There are quite a few mods that live here,one of whom is very well versed in catering etc.It's been a while now.Rocket science anybody? :o

Edited by chuchok

Crikey,how long does it take.There are quite a few mods that live here,one of whom is very well versed in catering etc.It's been a while now.Rocket science anybody? :D

I believe the decision will be made shortly after BW stumbles around CM. :o

Count me in!

well no new posts from the recon on the 9th, must have been a goodie, or theyre still locked up in a police cell someplace after tangling wif some kaetoys perhaps :o

Edited by Donnyboy

Count me in!

well no new posts from the recon on the 9th, must have been a goodie, or theyre still locked up in a police cell someplace after tangling wif some kaetoys perhaps :o

Nope,

There are so many historical and culturally interesting sites to see here, we just haven't had time to post until now.

We are very excited because this morning we are going to see the factory where they make wooden frogs and this afternoon we are going to watch people make ash trays.

Please follow this thread for more exciting news to come. Rumor has it that tomorrow we will be fortunate enough to visit the durian processing facility!!!

Buckwheat,

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money.....

post-23786-1184156514_thumb.jpg

How did I know that the lovely lass who I pinched in an inappropriate place turned out to be the NEW MAYOR!?!!!!

You guys gotta break me out...call Rocket, Baz....assemble the team. Need LONG ladders, boltcutters, etc. Wear your ninja outfits... :o

McG

Edited by mcgriffith

Buckwheat,

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money.....

post-23786-1184156514_thumb.jpg

How did I know that the lovely lass who I pinched in an inappropriate place turned out to be the NEW MAYOR!?!!!!

You guys gotta break me out...call Rocket, Baz....assemble the team. Need LONG ladders, boltcutters, etc. Wear your ninja outfits... :o

McG

We are too busy McFluffy sorry will be there in a few days, just grit your teeth mate it wont hurt to stay there for a while.