24 foreigners, Thais arrested after raid at luxury villa in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, Whale said:

2:20 looks interesting they are obviously not the party goers, maybe the wealthy neighbours who called in the fuzz? The lady in the yellow dress.

Yeah I wondered who she was . I’m thinking wealthy Thai neighbour who came to stick her bit in and tell police it happens all the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sh*t happens, seems like I missed an invitation to a party...???? - on the other hand, mai pen rai, it was illegal and with drugs, so not at all my ballgame, I would have been in the wrong place at the wrong time...???? - and hi-so parties are also often little too boring for me...????

20 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Cops must have been tipped off by someone running a competing establishment.

Perhaps they accidentally got an invitation...

Invitation.jpg.2d2d514fa1df3f0742ff1968694a3e37.jpg

21 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Some people here just think that laws don't matter and you can do whatever you feel like doing.  You see it in lots of posts on various forums, where this kind of behavior is almost admired by some. Thailand is not a free for all State, some need to learn that fact. This lot did.  

LMAO, that entire raid was staged for obvious reasons. <deleted> so many people on this site either a) don’t live in Thailand or b) are completely clueless as to how things work here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

With all the Club like lighting Etc, it looks more like a professional kind of operation, and not just a party

I have seen a few friends on Facebook having parties, believe it or not they were sitting social distanced and having a nice time while the wives made heaps of food and took pics of it.

But this party was full of coke and the dimwits could not keep the noise down, they self imploded, som num na.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pracha Duang said:

LMAO, that entire raid was staged for obvious reasons. <deleted> so many people on this site either a) don’t live in Thailand or b) are completely clueless as to how things work here.

So what? It makes the point doesn't it? If that was it's purpose then fine. Or at least it should make the point,  except for those who are too thick or arrogant to see it. 

1 hour ago, firestar said:

They isolate once they know they are positive. Samui had very few cases until it ran rampant undetected in Black Bamboo. Anyway, it is completely besides the point, she died she deserves respect not be called selfish when she did nothing wrong.

She, like all her fellow compatriots deserve respect, (and I did not call her selfish), when they have died, through no fault of their own. What I am saying is that Covid is so insidious that protecting yourself by ensuring your "household" do not intermingle is the most secure way of doing so. Any cases we have had in our condo have come from outside, not through selfish behaviour, but through people intermingling when they go about their daily lives, whether it's someone going to their office, or a maid going to the market.

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that's Thailand?

Why not ask the former Revenue Department head who got life a few days ago if the law here doesn't apply to the rich and powerful?

no it's the G7 summit back in June ????

he obviously wasn't towing the line and had to be removed ????

Edited by driver52
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Some people here just think that laws don't matter and you can do whatever you feel like doing.  You see it in lots of posts on various forums, where this kind of behavior is almost admired by some. Thailand is not a free for all State, some need to learn that fact. This lot did.  

Some people seem to enjoy spouting righteous plattitudes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Ginner said:

1: Stupid to break the law. 2: Stupid to break the law so loudly. 3: Stupid to break the law so loudly and have cocaine in your possession. 4: Stupid the break the law so loudly while having cocaine in your possession and not inviting your neighbors.  

Was going to say something snarky then I read point 4, which I think is  selfish rather than stupid.

That said, I find cocaine counter intuitive to beach life, it gets clumpy too fast in the humid air.

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Some people seem to enjoy spouting righteous plattitudes. 

Some people also call out the morons in our society who think that the rules are not meant for them, just for everyone else. The Bangkok Hilton has always had its fair share of them in residence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pracha Duang said:

Happy 1st anniversary by the way.

You obviously spent a lifetime learning "how things work here" before taking the plunge and giving everyone the benefit of your experience. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bojo said:

Successful 21st Century shabeen operators fly below the radar.........try; keep on moving/pay your dues/decent soundproofing for starters.............................

Pretty sweet with a private nightclub. Something like MTV cribs.

Must not have notified and compensated the right people.

There ARE underground clubs going on....everywhere there are frangs

And you cant stop Thai people and local friends from drinking at a shut-in or home.

Every shop has tables a small fridge. Just add a bluetooth speaker and

:intheclub:

• Like 2

BS this is private home, why the police came arrest people on the private house ?

Because heard music sound ? And see car? They had a warrant from the judge ?

Can the police come tomorrow night arrested because I have loud music? Now them, tomorrow maybe any of you if you are sleepwalker.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that's Thailand?

Why not ask the former Revenue Department head who got life a few days ago if the law here doesn't apply to the rich and powerful?

His abacus was also confiscated, after a few months he will probably be pardoned, the abacus went above 20,000 not good

• Like 1