Visa Protect - Problems

I'll try to keep this brief, I recently got a new ATM card as the old one had expired, I was used to ordering & paying for stuff online so never gave it a second thought, yesterday late afternoon, I ordered an item from PowerBuy as our local outlet didn't have what I wanted in stock.

I loaded all my details, the item I wanted etc, got to the payment section entered my card number, value etc etc, then got a message on screen "Visa protect not verified, please register.

So I got all the info together, passport number, D.O.B. card number & the rest, entered it into the onscreen form hit enter, got a message that I took too long and the thing timed out, so I tried again, and again and again, now in bright red letters I'm informed I've done it wrong too many times and my card is now locked out of Visa Protect.

I phoned the 24hr number and explained to the nice lady what had happened and asked if she could help, that was a no because she said it would require asking for sensitive information ?? So it looks like I have to either go to into town to the branch in the mall, that's if they will deal with it or actually go to my branch where I opened the account on Monday, either way it will be with passport, bank book & card  and hopefully they will sort it out, I'm pretty sure that if I had this sort of problem with my UK debit card that customer service would have sorted it in no time. The bank is Kasikorn by the way, I would have gone to the mall this morning unfortunately I had a prior engagement, I just hope that the card still works in the ATM as I need cash for food later ????

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, or a heads up to anyone getting a new card to remember to get Visa Protect enabled before you leave the bank ????

P.S. you don't get very long to enter all the details, hence the continual time out, wierd.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info

The bank is Kasikorn by the way,

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, or a heads up to anyone getting a new card to remember to get Visa Protect enabled before you leave the bank 

P.S. you don't get very long to enter all the details, hence the continual time out, wierd.

I had the same problem a few years ago when overseas,and couldn't put the details in online (Kasikorn VISA credit card).

Kasikorn then told me that the 'verified by Visa' is actually a Visa Company requirement, not Kasikorn. 

So went thru the sign up procedures with Customer service and never a problem after that. So these days it is a necessity to be 'verified by Visa).

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 1

A quick update, went to the branch where I opened the account earlier today, a very nice young lady had it sorted in less than 5 minutes, unknown to me until now it can be done at an ATM, just stick the card in, then when it's ready hit online shopping, enter your phone number and you're good to go.

Amazing, so simple, I hope I remember again in 6 years ????????