Ais Monthly Contract World Wide?

jcowle

Sorry but can't find a thread for this.

I have a monthly account with AIS, but now back in the UK for a few months and the sim carsd does not work, when turned on it says ''emergency calls only''. How can I enable this to work or who do I need to contacy back in Thailand.

Any help would be greatfull.

JC

Guest Reimar

You need to sign up for Autoroaming Service with AIS. But unfortunatly that can be done from Thailand only. If the Number is signed up with an Thai Person and this person is in Thailand, than is an quite easy job! Need to enter a AIS office with the Number details and an Thai ID Card and thats is.

Could you expand at all on what exactly you are trying to accomplish?

Assumptions...you are a post-paid AIS customer? You want to: receive calls (from where?), make calls (to where), send SMSes (to where?), receive SMSes (from where?).

Provided you've registered for international roaming then you should be able to send/receive SMSes, receive voice calls and make voice calls (Press *131*country code area code number# Send, wait for ring back). Most international calls will be 55 baht/min and local calls ~ 78 baht/min.

My guess is that AIS is wary of post paid customers ringing up all sorts of charges and without a long positive credit history they might not want customers roaming internationally. Pre-paid customers of course have already paid and can be cut off when their balance reaches zero.

You should be able to call the AIS Call Center: Press *122# Send. Or email them at [email protected] and explain in detail what you are trying to do.

As always you are much better off purchasing and using a local SIM.

Many thanks for the replies. I will get my partner in Thailand in whoes name the contract is with and get him to go to the local AIS ofice and ask for international roaming.

Regards

John (JC)

Many thanks for the replies. I will get my partner in Thailand in whoes name the contract is with and get him to go to the local AIS ofice and ask for international roaming.

Regards

John (JC)

One more thing you should have him do: register you for overseas voice mail retrieval as well. This also has to be set up, and then they will sms you the call in number. I have both global roaming and overseas voicemail retrieval with postpaid AIS but both have to be set up.