Present For Thai Boyfriend

boxingbeauty

Hi,

I'm going back to Thailand in 2 months to spend time with my BF. I'd like to give him a present, but I'm not sure what to give him? Any advice? ... Is there something that your husband or boyfriend really appreciated?

I know he likes Man U (like most Thais' do), but other than that, I can't think of anything. He quite likes my head-torch (for when the electricity is not on), but that's quite practical, and I'd rather give him something more exciting. I've previously sent him photographs. He's previously given me a baby coconut (lovely gesture) and a phrase book ( :o ... I'm trying to learn Thai, but have only mastered basic phrases and key words at the moment!). He's really kind and generous.

Knowing him, he'd be pleased with the gesture alone, but I just want to give him a great gift that will mean something. I suppose I'm answering my own question, as only I know him, and therefore, only I will know what to give him, but I'm still asking for gift ideas please ...

x.

depends on what his interests are. I bought my then bf (now husband) some real levis from the UK at nearly 60 pounds cost & he has worn them half a dozen times (in 4 years!!!!) but the selection of guitar picks I got for a couple of quid have been used over & over again & one lives in his wallet. My husband also tattoos so I always used to bring him a selection of tattoo mags & he loved spending hours pouring over them & which moved back to the UK with us 3 years ago & he still has, albeit they are totaly dog eared now :o

So depending on your bf interests I would buy something along those lines but don't spend too much as like you say, he will be more appricative of the gesture & I am sure would prefer you to use your money to stay longer in LOS with him :D

Thanks Boo.

He's a Muay Thai fighter and instructor ... that's how I met him. So anything to do with boxing, he already has.

Just had a thought ... he does like wearing hats - of all different sorts ...?

Thanks for your advice - I'll keep thinking.

That's really sweet of you, boxingbeauty.

If you would like to hear a guy's opinion, I have one to contribute.

One time I dated one girl, she gave me a gift, a hand-made gift she made. It was a bunch of hand-made flowers in a small vase. She told me that I needed something to bright up my room and also to remember her whenever I came back from work. She was right. My room looked way better and every time I looked at the flowers I was thinking about her effort she had put into that gift.

Although later we broke up, I still keep it in my room at the same place she put it. Every time I look at it, it reminds me how sweet she was and what a gesture she made. :o

Maybe you might consider a self-made gift. It really touches the receiver.

Boo ... My partner (a Thai guy) LIVES in his Levis that I ship from the US (BKK ... long pants are a MUST and slim fit real levis are tough to get here!)

The headlamp while being practical is also pretty cool!

Really his interest areas etc are a HUGE factor! I've given cool weather gear .. why? my partner used to be in server rooms for IT companies ... COLD in there for a Thai!

I gave a harmonica to a good friend ... he loves it! etc etc

Honestly though ... if your gift has some thought behind it ... it will be graciously rec'd!

Hey bb,

Is he one of the guys up at Horizon on KP? If so one of those flashlights that you just have to shake to make them work, would be great. It doesn't need batteries.

You can get them on line.

You can never go wrong with Levis. I think most Thai guys would say that's the number one pick of gifts from the west.

Hey bb,

Is he one of the guys up at Horizon on KP? If so one of those flashlights that you just have to shake to make them work, would be great. It doesn't need batteries.

You can get them on line.

You can never go wrong with Levis. I think most Thai guys would say that's the number one pick of gifts from the west.

Yup my honey loves his Levis.He also loves his real Converse high top sneakers that were only like 30$ USd In Korea..Although if he gets anything new he always says he can't wait till it looks old?? He loves loves loves Harley shirts the older the better he loves second hand shops. He is also really kind of obsessed with birds so he loves anything that has to do with birds, books, pictures, posters etc.

How handy is your guy? I got my husband a leatherman tool (the real thing) and he loves it. Tools from home are always good if he likes to work with his hands as the ones in Thailand are either very poor quality or very very expensive.

Morning,

Seville: Nope ... but those flashlights sound good. I go through a ton of batteries! Do you have the website?

Levis' seem really popular, however, I'm not sure of his size ...

Maybe I should just tie a ribbon around myself! :o

:D

Morning,

Seville: Nope ... but those flashlights sound good. I go through a ton of batteries! Do you have the website?

Maybe I should just tie a ribbon around myself! :bah:

:o:D :D

batteries being cheap here a headlamp still sounds good if he's commented on it before !.......finding something cool from where you come from is better than things you can find here.

another thing I bring is chocolate ... stuff from home that can't be found in BKK :bah:

<sorry about the subtle innuendo ... but that last post of yours was ... well rife with opportunity :D batteries .. size .. ribbon >

Edited by jdinasia

As he is a boxer you may find his thighs way too big to fit comfortably in a pair of Levis. My husband boxed as a young man and his thighs are still too muscular for Levis. He can get them on, just can't sit down :o

As he is a boxer you may find his thighs way too big to fit comfortably in a pair of Levis. My husband boxed as a young man and his thighs are still too muscular for Levis. He can get them on, just can't sit down :o

560's are good for that!

Get him a pair of boots and put them on, tie a red ribbon around yourself... Bingo! Greatest gift ever!

If he loves music, he will love cds.

A bottle of Spirit is always a fantastic gift. :o

BTW ghurl, lemme know if you find the right gift for him. I'm curious what you're getting him and would like to hear about it (if you don't mind).

It's my mate's day a few weeks from now and it will be fun to browse around and start hunting for gifts. hehhehehhehehe :D

Edited by PlainJane

I will let you into some secrets

First secret -The best personal gift for any thai guy is …anything that comes in a pocket size. Something he can carry and be able to use it everyday. They looove that!

And

Second secret – never never forget something for his parents, pay special attention especially to his mother. If you can do this then you’re already half way through the door in this relationship!

Trust me on these, I have a few brothers in the family

:D
Morning,

Maybe I should just tie a ribbon around myself! :bah:

:o:D:D

batteries being cheap here a headlamp still sounds good if he's commented on it before !.......finding something cool from where you come from is better than things you can find here.

another thing I bring is chocolate ... stuff from home that can't be found in BKK :bah:

<sorry about the subtle innuendo ... but that last post of yours was ... well rife with opportunity :D batteries .. size .. ribbon >

Jdinasia: I love it! Ha ha! :o

Well thanks guys ... I have loads of ideas now ... x.