60 Day extension due to second covid injection

Just wondering.

Has anybody tried applying for another 60 day covid extension, citing "waiting for second Astra Zeneca injection?"

I was told by immigration last time at CW that I would not qualify for anymore 60 day extensions, so was wondering if anybody else is in the same predicament.

Thanks.

Not sure waiting for your 2nd covid 19 shote is valid reason for the extension.

What type of visa did you enter the country on?

Immigration at CW have told people they would not get another one due to qualifying for a a long stay extension (marriage to a Thai for example).

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure waiting for your 2nd covid 19 shote is valid reason for the extension.

What type of visa did you enter the country on?

Immigration at CW have told people they would not get another one due to qualifying for a a long stay extension (marriage to a Thai for example).

Non immigrant multiple entry, that expired in March 2021.

2 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Non immigrant multiple entry, that expired in March 2021.

Was it based upon marriage? If yes they may trying to push you to apply a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

When did you start getting the 60 day covid 19 extension?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Was it based upon marriage? If yes they may trying to push you to apply a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

When did you start getting the 60 day covid 19 extension?

You are correct as the last time they tried to push me to apply for a one year extension based on marriage.

I have been getting 60 day extensions since September 2020.

5 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

You are correct as the last time they tried to push me to apply for a one year extension based on marriage.

I have been getting 60 day extensions since September 2020.

They have told others the same thing. I am not sure they can really deny a the 60 day covid 19 extension based upon that reason. Tell them you are trying to get the 400k baht in the bank to do the extension.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

They have told others the same thing. I am not sure they can really deny a the 60 day covid 19 extension based upon that reason. Tell them you are trying to get the 400k baht in the bank to do the extension.

They actually helped out last time and made me write a letter saying I was waiting to get the 400k and submitted it with my application. Maybe I am now out of options.

That was why I wondered about the second covid inoculation.

Thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

They actually helped out last time and made me write a letter saying I was waiting to get the 400k and submitted it with my application. Maybe I am now out of options.

The 400k baht reason may work again. You could also try the 2nd vaccination shot as well or both.

5 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

It cannot hurt to try. Maybe you're lucky enough to get another officer, or maybe they're less strict on the day you show up, you just never know.

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

Thanks anyway.

It is "amazing how slow" the process of liquidating investments and transferring funds can be. You are, no doubt, still waiting for that 400k to become available and be transferred to your Thai bank account.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Has anybody tried applying for another 60 day covid extension, citing "waiting for second Astra Zeneca injection?"

I was told by immigration last time at CW that I would not qualify for anymore 60 day extensions, so was wondering if anybody else is in the same predicament.

Early July I was reading that applicants (expired Imm. visas) at CW were being told it would be the last covid ext they would receive and told them to go the marriage ext route. Some other applicants (expired Tourist Visas (?)) were being told that there was plenty of flights so no more covid exts for them too. But.......... this was before the Cabinet approved the continuance of Covid extensions up to around Sept 26th(?). 

I last applied for a covid ext on July 20th about a week (?) after the Cabinet approval and didn't have any problem.

In with the required documents/copies for submission I also included an email print out from the Phaya Thai hospital detailing my appointment for my first vaccine jab which was on July 28th. And also stated on a form the reason for the extension was because of my vaccine appointment and not wanting to travel anywhere while un-vaccinated.  

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I last applied for a covid ext on July 20th about a week (?) after the Cabinet approval and didn't have any problem.

In with the required documents/copies for submission I also included an email print out from the Phaya Thai hospital detailing my appointment for my first vaccine jab which was on July 28th. And also stated on a form the reason for the extension was because of my vaccine appointment and not wanting to travel anywhere while un-vaccinated.  

I last applied on the 9th. July, before the latest approval,

Anyway, thanks, you have given me some hope.

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is "amazing how slow" the process of liquidating investments and transferring funds can be. You are, no doubt, still waiting for that 400k to become available and be transferred to your Thai bank account.

Yes, got you.

At Mukdahan they do go by the ruels, but will help you all they can without breaking any ruels.
I have been on Covid extensions for close to 12 month now, and usely given the papers to fill in for next extention, ewery time I get a new extention. No problems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Early July I was reading that applicants (expired Imm. visas) at CW were being told it would be the last covid ext they would receive and told them to go the marriage ext route. Some other applicants (expired Tourist Visas (?)) were being told that there was plenty of flights so no more covid exts for them too. But.......... this was before the Cabinet approved the continuance of Covid extensions up to around Sept 26th(?). 

just a question about how long an elastic can be stretched ....before it snaps ...

Edited by david555