American In Eastern Europe Looking to Get a Visa?

I was hoping to go to Thailand this year for up to 6 months.

Is it possible to receive a visa without going all the way back to the USA for the embassy?

I am willing to pay someone for the service of getting the visa for me.

Has anyone done this, is it possible? Or is it possible to get a longer visa after I arrive in Thailand?

Thanks in advanced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can't imagine why anyone would come to Thailand in current situation.

I am not living in my home country anyway. I mostly want to come there for a beach view, different (better) food, and to see some friends. I don't mind all of the restrictions within the country, as I've already gone through it here. But you're correct, it isn't worth it for a short period of time. Within 6mos things should begin to ease.

I wonder if educational visas are an option from within the country? I have never gotten one.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Enter Thailand visa exempt 45 day permission of stay.

Obtain various extensions after you arrive. There is standard 30 day extension and after that you can obtain covid 60 day extensions.

You have option of Phuket sandbox if your fully vaccinated. You will need COE. Plenty of threads about that.

Can't imagine why anyone would come to Thailand in current situation.

Thailand/ Eastern Europe?? 

Winter coming to Eastern Europe, Guess they will fully vaxxed.  Sunshine or sleet? 

• Like 2

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Thailand/ Eastern Europe?? 

Winter coming to Eastern Europe, Guess they will fully vaxxed.  Sunshine or sleet? 

haha, yeah. It's honestly not too bad here during the Winter.

But I love the weather in Thailand over the holiday season and I like it better here during Thailands low season.

14 minutes ago, Travello01 said:

I wonder if educational visas are an option from within the country? I have never gotten one.

Currently yes but only certain schools. There are better options for an extended stay.

Depends on how long is required. Also age.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Travello01 said:

Is it possible to receive a visa without going all the way back to the USA for the embassy?

You would need to check with the Thai embassy where you are stay or the designated one for it if there is not one there.

Some will do them for non residents of the country they are in and others require them to be legal residents in the country.

List of embassies and official consulates is here with links for their websites. https://www.thaiembassy.org/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need to check with the Thai embassy where you are stay or the designated one for it if there is not one there.

Some will do them for non residents of the country they are in and others require them to be legal residents in the country.

List of embassies and official consulates is here with links for their websites. https://www.thaiembassy.org/

Okay, I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Be aware that a tourist visa (if you can get one) only gives you an extra 15 days over entering visa exempt. The tourist visa has zero other benefits. It is questionable whether the extra 15 days is worth the hassle. All the extensions available for those who enter with a tourist visa are available to those who enter visa exempt.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

Right now, it's a complicated process to get into Thailand. Lots of paperwork is required and it takes time and patience. Plus, you'll have to go to Phuket first.

Rules are constantly changing. The future might not be good for Thailand. Impossible to predict. But right now, most holiday destinations are dead, dead, dead. Like ghost towns and very depressing.

You might want to consider other warm weather destinations. We're from Thailand but in Europe now. Also looking at options for the winter. Currently considering Mexico or Central America.

Tough times right now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Right now, it's a complicated process to get into Thailand. Lots of paperwork is required and it takes time and patience. Plus, you'll have to go to Phuket first.

Phuket is not the only place you can enter at. Only if qualify for the sandbox are you able to go there.

You can still fly into Bangkok and stay at a ASQ hotel for the 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1