DDC urges people with health issues to get COVID-19 jabs fast

snoop1130

15baa53cf4d9bb51d19f974e73d28d9e_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - While many people have been enthusiastic about getting their COVID-19 jabs, health authorities are now encouraging the elderly and people with underlying health conditions who may still be hesitant about getting a COVID-19 injection, to do so at a nearby healthcare facility as soon as possible, in order to help prevent severe illnesses and deaths in the community, caused by this disease.

Dr Preecha Prempree, Deputy Director General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC), today urged persons with underlying health conditions and the elderly to get their COVID-19 shots at a healthcare facility free of charge.

According to the DDC’s guidelines, priority is given to persons of 60 years of age and over, persons with any of seven comorbities, and pregnant women.

Dr Preecha added that persons with hypertension are most likely to develop fatal complications after contracting COVID-19, especially those whose blood pressure is still not well controlled.

He encouraged persons in this group to continue taking medication and taking care of their health, from eating healthy food to exercising regularly, in order to maintain a good level of blood pressure that meets the vaccination criteria.

The DDC deputy chief said around 70% of Thailand’s population needs to be inoculated in order for the transmission of COVID-19, and the number of serious cases and fatalities, to reduce.

This month, the DDC aims to achieve its goal of administering 10 million shots. Vaccines are now available in all provinces of the country.

The DDC has also advised the public not to believe any offer to pay for Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, following a report of fraudulent SMS messages luring recipients to make a bank transfer.

Dr Preecha said anyone who receives or sees such offers is encouraged to report it to an official, while stressing the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is given free of charge to eligible persons.

With 1.5 million doses of the mRNA vaccine donated by the United States, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in Thailand is currently available to healthcare professionals, the elderly over 60 years of age, people with one of seven serious health conditions over 12 years of age, pregnant women at more than 12 weeks, foreign residents in Thailand with a particular focus on the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, as well as those requiring a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccination prior to international travel, such as international students, athletes, and diplomats.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

I am confused

on one hand they are saying that those with HBP are at high risk 

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Preecha added that persons with hypertension are most likely to develop fatal complications after contracting COVID-19, especially those whose blood pressure is still not well controlled.

but those with HBP cannot be vaccinated 

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He encouraged persons in this group to continue taking medication and taking care of their health, from eating healthy food to exercising regularly, in order to maintain a good level of blood pressure that meets the vaccination criteria.

I noticed when I was getting my jab they were holding people back who were showing HBP on the day 

so which is it 

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Bunch of asses

DDC - Get a vaccine

Me - where

DCC - go home to your own country

not true actually 

many farangs are right now being vaccinated around the country 

very likely because it was an undisclosed condition of getting free vaccines donated from the UK and US - since those donations hit the press there has been a sudden drive to vaccinate expats over 60 - I have spoken to a few Thais that are not happy at the fact - why farang get vaccine and I not, simple question to them - how old are you .................. oh I understand 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

not true actually 

many farangs are right now being vaccinated around the country 

very likely because it was an undisclosed condition of getting free vaccines donated from the UK and US - since those donations hit the press there has been a sudden drive to vaccinate expats over 60 - I have spoken to a few Thais that are not happy at the fact - why farang get vaccine and I not, simple question to them - how old are you .................. oh I understand 

You don't have a sense of humour

Of course it's not true!

• Haha 1

wifes cousin is a doctor in a big private hospital in Bangkok, she just tried to book me in for a pfizer shot, I am over 60 with 2 health issues they have listed, she was told I have to wait for all the thais and cant book in, this just shows that the govt is fill of sh*t