Pfizer vaccine for Americans in Pattaya and US Vets

Sheryl

all good, but now I don't have that much hope.

reply (probably only automated one, some 51 minutes after writing to her):

"Remarks:

This survey is only to ascertain the number of vaccines needed. The hospital cannot specify the number and vaccine type including the date and time of vaccination.

The hospital will contact you via the provided mobile number once the vaccine is available and will allocate vaccines in accordance with the conditions in numerical order."

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Orac said:

I completed form yesterday morning and got sms back in the evening. Just leaving to get my pfizer jab which is booked for between 2pm and 3pm.  The link is for any non-thai over 40 that has not yet received any jab.

The last stipulation is enforced. A friend tried to get a jab having had 2 Sinovac previously. The hospitals are, quite correctly, maintaining, and sharing data on vaccinated people. He was rumbled. But no action taken apart from having the jab refused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

still waiting for my appointment notification in Chiang Mai. this does not pass the smell test.  

Registered successfully through Chiang Mai and received a number. Now awaiting notification of appointment American, age 74, heart issues.

Did get vaccinated today 25/8. Email on Monday answered on Tuesday morning, SMS from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya same afternoon, vaccinated on Wednesday.

Everything under one hour, plus a half hour observation. Next jab in 3 weeks, Pfizer. 

1 hour ago, silent said:

Pleased to see Canada stepping up the plate again after concerns over expiration of Moderna vaccines. Must not be enough photo-ops for Trudeau

Is Canada doing something for us here now? News?

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

British Chamber of Commerce got an appointment for me in Bangkok and Siracha Chonburi. Hasn't the USA got a similar organisation batting for them?

no we just furnish the vaccines and let everyone take care of themselves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Orac said:

I completed form yesterday morning and got sms back in the evening. Just leaving to get my pfizer jab which is booked for between 2pm and 3pm.  The link is for any non-thai over 40 that has not yet received any jab.

To Mr.RONALD.
This is to confirm that your appointment to receive the Pfizer vaccine is on 25/08/2021at  13:00 - 14:00 at 6th floor, Central Festival Pattaya Beach. If you are under 40 years old, you need to present Medical Certificate as proof that you have at least one of the 7 medical underlying conditions. Please bring your passport and a pen and show this SMS to our staff.  (Disregard this message if you have already received a Covid vaccine)  Thank you. 

Did it, but very unorganized at entrance. I have a cane, handicapped and they wanted me to stand in a queue for an hour. No wheelchairs, no floor managers. Gave me a chair. Where are the ladies from hospital reception? Fix it.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

all good, but now I don't have that much hope.

reply (probably only automated one, some 51 minutes after writing to her):

"Remarks:

This survey is only to ascertain the number of vaccines needed. The hospital cannot specify the number and vaccine type including the date and time of vaccination.

The hospital will contact you via the provided mobile number once the vaccine is available and will allocate vaccines in accordance with the conditions in numerical order."

Nope…I registered yesterday and got the vaccine today. However, I did personally go to BPH to register

Edited by PB172111

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, just those few words at the end of sentences:

"hospital cannot specify the number and vaccine type including the date and time of vaccination.

.. will allocate vaccines in accordance with the conditions in numerical order."

you have 20h head up over my application.

Quit being so negative and wait until you get the text

if they are working shifts in that hospital, so now they have already the 3rd shift (the one which took my enquiry).

So my chances are now slim.

However, I did put notice for them at the initial enquiry, that I am desperate and willing to travel at very short notice.

I will be on standby to the very last minute on friday to travel to pattaya. If not, I will have to go to bang sue for AZ.

So you were very lucky to have a dream jab the next day. I will have to ask dr anutin and foreign minister Don who pinched my

Edited by internationalism

I rolled up to Central yesterday morning without an appointment, was set-up with appointment the same day and had my Pfizer shot and put the door in no time flat.....everyone was very helpful and kudos to the BHP staff for having everything running like a Swiss watch.....will go back in 4 weeks time for a redo......????????????????

1F0D4181-E791-439F-AECC-E8BA6CB74666.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...