Pfizer walk-in at McCormick next week

FolkGuitar

I just received notice from the US State Department advising that McCormick Hospital will be

giving Pfizer vaccine to walk-ins on Sept 1 and 2nd  between 9-11am, all ages.

If you have not had any previous inoculations for Covid19 you are eligible.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

I read the embassy email that stated any foreigners born 1956 or before .

Not per your forum note for any ages ?

It's highly unlikely that it is for all ages as there are many Thais who are still not vaccinated.

I asked the counter staff at McCormick a few days ago, they said walk-in is only for those 60 years and above but that is for the non-Pfizer shot.

Born in 1956 would be 65 years and above.....

Not sure about the Pfizer shots but I don't think they will change the rule seeing as Pfizer shots are fewer than the AZ shots.

Edited by EricTh

Not Pfizer and not McCormick but there is an option for some Thai 'spouses or carers'. Copy & pasted from a local Facebook page that appeared yesterday:

AstraZeneca vaccination for British nationals living in Chiang Mai

The British Chamber of Commerce Thailand has been able to access a quota of vaccines for British nationals living in all regions of Thailand including Chiang Mai. It will almost definitely be AstraZeneca vaccine. Those interested can register through this link here:
https://members.bccthai.com/bcct/asp/application.asp?TpID=99
 The focus will be on the following groups in order of preference:
- British nationals over the age of 60 yrs or with 7 stated illnesses and their Thai spouses or carers.
- British nationals of all ages
- Nationals of other countries especially those over the age of 60 yrs or with 7 stated illnesses and their Thai spouses or carers.

Edited by Mahseer

1 hour ago, Rasseru2 said:

I have been trying for weeks now (including two times this morning) to register in the Wall of Chiang Mai system. It fails every time.

It appears that indicating a chronic condition other than the listed ones (there is a place to do this) or an allergy prevents one's application from being accepted. Just now my wife applied successfully. I tried yet again, this time without either of the indications just mentioned, and was successful. Go figure.

Edited by Rasseru2

9 hours ago, cnx1204 said:

The walk in is for expats only, aged 65 and older or at least 12 weeks pregnant.  Passports and 13 digit registration ID number required.

If you have not already registered in the Wall of Chiang Mai system (https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR) and expatvac.consular.go.th then you should register immediately.

Yes, it seems that the 13 digit is our unique ID. You must register first before going there to speed things up.

13 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

I read the embassy email that stated any foreigners born 1956 or before .

Not per your forum note for any ages ?

To get this embassy email, do you need to be registered with the embassy as US citizen?

Also, did it indicate in what area of the hospital to go to for this "walk in"

Thank you

10 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

Thank you

There is a large sign in front of you as you enter the hospital grounds. They continue right around to the rear of the buildings.  Just follow the signs. There are parking guards every 50m too, directing you to the proper location.

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

There is a large sign in front of you as you enter the hospital grounds. They continue right around to the rear of the buildings.  Just follow the signs. There are parking guards every 50m too, directing you to the proper location.

thank you!

10 hours ago, SammyJ said:

To get this embassy email, do you need to be registered with the embassy as US citizen?

Thank you

I think that you do need to register as an American citizen - at least that is what I did. I am registered on the wall and expat site but no updates from them...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I think that you do need to register as an American citizen - at least that is what I did. I am registered on the wall and expat site but no updates from them...

Check the Facebook page for: "COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai".  Updated information is continually posted there.

54 minutes ago, Pronto2 said:

Check the Facebook page for: "COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai".  Updated information is continually posted there.

Thank you - a useful page that I did not know about. Actually, I normally don't use Facebook - I have two teenagers that live on the internet and they don't understand me...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Thank you - a useful page that I did not know about. Actually, I normally don't use Facebook - I have two teenagers that live on the internet and they don't understand me...

It's better not to use Facebook, Facebook uses it to persecute people if we write the wrong things that the people in power don't want to hear.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's better not to use Facebook, Facebook uses it to persecute people if we write the wrong things that the people in power don't want to hear.

Really, i would think that many people would like to know about the walk ins at Promenada in the coming week. It is all on that page.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Really, i would think that many people would like to know about the walk ins at Promenada in the coming week. It is all on that page.

The same information can be posted in this forum too, can't it?

Personally, I don't use Facebook.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I hope this helps those who need it.  Posted by Ben Svasti about an hour ago.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/permalink/886369345352748/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I am registered on those two also--and nothing.  Originally, i read the news articles that said 10% of the initial donation of 1.5 million pfizer doses were to be distributed to foreigners in Thailand.  

Then, yesterday, there was an article that it will be only 5% of the doses provided to foreigners.  And, as you probably know, another 1 million donated doses from the US have also arrived, bringing the total up to 2,5 million.  This was several weeks ago--and i had enrolled on expatvac as that was suggested as the best way to get a pfizer vac--I am also registered on the wall--and have registered, but not paid or heard anymore, for moderna doses.

I have just gone to the US Embassy site and will register.

Thanks for the earlier information.