Best Value For Money Meals

Juzrelax

Since different people value different things, it's tough for us to make a recommendation. What do you value: ambiance, flavor? Or, is this you're way of asking, "where is the cheapest place I can eat"?

Edited by backflip

Impossible to beat SIZZLER for value for money. All entrees include the big salad bar, with desserts, fresh fruit, soups, etc. Lunch prices are even cheaper than dinner... the low-carb fish with pesto sauce is great... no wonder there is usually a short wait for dinner.

And if you get their discount card, (199 baht for a year), you get 10% off, PLUS a free combo platter within a week of your birthday, valued at 329 baht.

I like the hibachi chicken... for lunch you get one piece, for dinner you get two pieces. I think it's about 220 baht for dinner, with the salad bar included. And the salad bar has somewhat expensive items: quail eggs, red peppers, asparagus, and on and on.

Since different people value different things, it's tough for us to make a recommendation. What do you value: ambiance, flavor? Or, is this you're way of asking, "where is the cheapest place I can eat"?

The cheapest place I can eat without getting the runs. Chicken & beef is always good with rice & a nice sauce.

I want to make a note of a few places before I leave for BKK on Monday.

Daidomon maybe?

I went there longgggg time ago with friends when I was in college. All you can eat BBQ: beef, chicken, pork, rice, nice sauce etc. I can't remember it but Thai students can afford it. So it must not be expensive. So check it out.

Daidomons are usually in major Malls.

PS. don't eat too much. Otherwise, suffering will pay you a visit. :o

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own question there is a kick ass street place around the corner from the Prince hotel. It's right next to the 7 11. Rice, king Prawns, soup with mushrooms in it that I can describe as 'bloody hot'. It's all so far so good, no mad rushes to the toilet. Cost is that cheap it's irrelevant.