Any 2021 BKK CW Retirement Extension trip reports?

Last year we used to get some excellent reports on retirement extensions at CW like from @TallGuyJohninBKK on current situation?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1178531-2020-bkk-cw-retirement-extension-trip-report/

Anyone been since the new 3 days prior expiry rule this year to report on? What are the queues like? All the banks open?

I am thinking on going after 26-Sep which gives me a choice of just two days (27or28) as I heard that was a possible busy period up to 26-Sep due to COVID extensions up to then last year?

I understand no online booking possible?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

September 24th is a extra holiday added by the cabinet unless they decide to cancel it due to covid 19 like they did for an earlier one but it created a very long weekend.

When is your extension due?

At this time the online appointment site is still down (been down since June).

I think all of the banks are open now since the last change in restrictions. The exception is SCB that closed their branch about a year ago.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to September 24th.
  • Like 2

I think anyone who did a trip report last year from August 1 now has an renewal date of 26 September, so no reports until we get closer to that date? 21 Sep?

Some say they were able to go earlier than the three day limit.

Some say that an agent may be able to get you in for a renewal well before the 3 day limit.

Others say they were turned away.

No appointment system.

I think Friday 24 September is the special extra stimulus holiday, also referred to as Prince Mahidol Day. I assume that will still be observed, but who knows. I think another stimulus holiday or two might have been rescinded close in.

Covid-extensions will be granted through 27 Sep I think? But those folks will be going to MTT, right?

With a renewal date of 28 Sep I think you could go on 22, 23, 27 or 28, but some say your last day is day #1, so 23, 27 or 28.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think Friday 24 September is the special extra stimulus holiday, also referred to as Prince Mahidol Day. I assume that will still be observed, but who knows. I think another stimulus holiday or two might have been rescinded close in.

I fixed the error in my post. It now has the 24th.

The canceled a extra day back in July that created a 5 day weekend due to covid 19. They did it on June 29th.

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Covid-extensions will be granted through 27 Sep I think? But those folks will be going to MTT, right?

It will be extended beyond the 27th of September. I am sure of that.

Some go to CW (tourist and non immigrant visa entries). Only visa exempt entries are done at MTT and they do not have the 3 days before rule. They limit queue numbers to 300 a day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be extended beyond the 27th of September. I am sure of that.

Yes, of course, but won't people have to apply for another 60-day COVID extension by the 27 Sep?

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They limit queue numbers to 300 a day. 

This is at CW right? For everything? Or just extensions?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When is your extension due?

My extension is due 29-Sep. Normally I'd go by now, but I read on their Imm web site it must only be done 3 days prior so for me that's 27-29 Sept. Although if not inclusive expire date maybe I can go 23-Sep also if 24 is holiday?

I also read on FB today the KBank is shut there? That's where I normally get the letter. Will a letter/statement the day before be OK? Anyone know thanks?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

36 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

My extension is due 29-Sep. Normally I'd go by now, but I read on their Imm web site it must only be done 3 days prior so for me that's 27-29 Sept. Although if not inclusive expire date maybe I can go 23-Sep also if 24 is holiday?

I also read on FB today the KBank is shut there? That's where I normally get the letter. Will a letter/statement the day before be OK? Anyone know thanks?

You could go as early as the 22nd and I am sure they would not turn you away. I would guess the 27th or 28th would not be to bad due to lots of people having to apply on or before the 26th.

CW will accept a letter done the day before but they will want your bank book to be updated on the day you apply.

Edit: I cannot find the CW branch on this list. 

https://kasikornbank.com/en/announcement/Pages/covid2019_temporarily_closed_branches.aspx

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went this week. Out of all the banks at CW all were open except mine (KBank). No idea why. There was a bunch of visa extenders using this bank seen over at the Impact branch.

The queues for visa extensions were not that long, I was #20 on list on arrival, but the wait times are longer than I have seen before. Took over 4 hours plus and extra hour for their lunch, so 5 hours in all from arrival to exit. What are they playing at?

They have this QueQ app you can use to see how long the wait is going in which helps, but once they got your passport, there is no idea how long the wait is to get it back. Mine was 2 freaking hours from signing all the docs and seeing my pp stamped with new stamps to getting my pp back after it gets checked somewhere else. You have to sit and wait like a moron during this time, as there is no queue numbers for this part of the process and they return with bunches of passports in plastic trays all at the same time, and no clue when this might happen.