OA visa going back to the USA for a couple of months

Planning to go back to the US in September and would like to return to Thailand in December. I have an OA visa entered Thailand mid April and fully vaccinated. Do I need to have a re-entry permit? Also I have purchased a Covid-19 insurance in April for a full year, I assume it will still be active when I apply for a new COE in December. Thank you for any helpful information.

If like my OA visa form UK you have 'multiple' under 'number of entry' then I believe you can exit and re-enter Thailand without re-entry permit as many times as you like up until the 'valid until' date of the visa. Your covid insurance should still be valid and allow you, on entry, a 'permission of stay' up until the insurance expiration date or 12 months - whichever comes first. Of course you will need the COE and its requirements.

If your OA visa still valid you will get a new one year permit to stay when you enter the country.

Your covid 19 insurance and the 40/400 insurance will need to be valid to the end of that new one year stay to get stamped into the country for another year.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

If your OA visa still valid you will get a new one year permit to stay when you enter the country.

Your covid 19 insurance and the 40/400 insurance will need to be valid to the end of that new one year stay to get stamped into the country for another year.

Ubonjoe can you explain who checks to see if you have Covid insurance. In the past I left Bangkok with my OA visa and returned by the “enter before” and received a one year stamp at airport immigration. Thereby getting two years from a OA visa instead of one year. 

I have an OA now and want to fly to Singapore in March and back to Bangkok in March to get another year from my OA visa. who will check at the airport to see if I have Covid insurance past March 2022? 

7 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Ubonjoe can you explain who checks to see if you have Covid insurance. In the past I left Bangkok with my OA visa and returned by the “enter before” and received a one year stamp at airport immigration. Thereby getting two years from a OA visa instead of one year. 

I have an OA now and want to fly to Singapore in March and back to Bangkok in March to get another year from my OA visa. who will check at the airport to see if I have Covid insurance past March 2022? 

If in March 2022 there is still a Certificate of Entry (CoE) required to return to Thailand I imagine it would be done at that time.  In other words, you wouldn't receive the CoE if you didn't have covid insurance to cover your initial permission to stay (which for you would be a year).  I imagine that gets checked at immigration in Thailand and you get stamped in with a permission to stay equal to your covid insurance coverage period or one year, whichever is shorter.

I don't think we know that CoE will still be required in March 2022, but if it's not required I'm not sure we know what will replace it.

11 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

No sure what will be needed in March. At this time you have to apply for a certificate of entry (COE) to enter the country that requires proof of the covid insurance to have it issued.

I assume you have gotten a new OA visa since you got the 2nd year from one. If not you will not get a 3rd year from it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No sure what will be needed in March. At this time you have to apply for a certificate of entry (COE) to enter the country that requires proof of the covid insurance to have it issued.

I assume you have gotten a new OA visa since you got the 2nd year from one. If not you will not get a 3rd year from it.

Yes I have a new OA. I prefer to get the OA visa and not mess with CW for two years. Do 90 day by mail in report. But the Main attraction of the OA is I get two years and don’t have to keep 800 k in the bank. So I need to leave in March and come back to Bangkok in March to get my second year. 

i have good health insurance but my insurer will not fill out Thailand’s required form. 
i don’t like buying additional Heath insurance policy from another company that will fill out the required immigration form. I guess I will buy the additional policy and then cancel it once I am back in Bangkok and have a one year stamp.