Krabi eyes 500k Russian tourists, despite dual pricing concerns

webfact

Considering that Russia has been hit hard by COVID just like most countries in the world, I doubt that there

will be that many people willing to risk their health for a trip to anywhere in Thailand.  Just another

TAT fantasy story.  Likely the only thing that may see some Russian travelers is for Russia to have a real

cold Winter, for a long spell, then maybe in February there may be some travelers coming to Thailand.

Geezer

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile Phangnga operators want the government to step in after concerns that foreigners were being charged 8,000 baht and Thais 500 baht for tests.

Before my thai wife and me went to Phuket some time ago , we had to do a Covid test at a local hospital . It was 600 thb for her and 1200 thb for me .

I think in a pandemic like this , they should scrap at least the dual pricing .

A thai person living in Europe f.e. gets quality vaccinations for free .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Considering that Russia has been hit hard by COVID just like most countries in the world, I doubt that there

will be that many people willing to risk their health for a trip to anywhere in Thailand.  Just another

TAT fantasy story.  Likely the only thing that may see some Russian travelers is for Russia to have a real

cold Winter, for a long spell, then maybe in February there may be some travelers coming to Thailand.

Geezer

Im hoping around December and January is the time we get many Russians coming we are hoping we get a few this year

Not the same location, but the very last time I  visited Phuket, I recall being   asked for 400 baht for a copy T shirt,  and 1500 baht for a crayfish (lobster to some)   the size of a small prawn, and 600 baht for a  tuk tuk ride that  I eventually walked in 10 minutes..  Never went back there,  Their loss not mine.  Now  wherever I go and are quoted some ridiculous price, I dont get angry (thats dangerous around murderous thais) but just stare hard at the  vendor and then walk away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Not the same location, but the very last time I  visited Phuket, I recall being   asked for 400 baht for a copy T shirt,  and 1500 baht for a crayfish (lobster to some)   the size of a small prawn, and 600 baht for a  tuk tuk ride that  I eventually walked in 10 minutes..  Never went back there,  Their loss not mine.  Now  wherever I go and are quoted some ridiculous price, I dont get angry (thats dangerous around murderous thais) but just stare hard at the  vendor and then walk away.

Just walk away is always best, I've lived here longer than a lot of Thai's and it still happens to me, well they try and I speak Thai, I happened to me the other week in a local pharmacy 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, kevin612 said:

Thailand kicked me out last month and didn’t give me an extension. I am very disappointed each immigration office has its own policy. Anyway,

maybe they want money under the table.

Actually they prefer you to use an agent, to receive there commission, unless you have been a naughty boy?

On 8/31/2021 at 7:42 AM, aussienam said:

Aw come on. You know the usual saying "Farang rich". And that is topped off with virtue signaling wealthy 'show-off' farangs who actually condone it too.  

I mean, it's only 16 x times more expensive for a farang!   

It's just another subtle way of extortion.  No plastic bags used this way though.  

Ah yes, the "more Thai than the Thais" apologists.