Thailand’s Public Health Ministry Provides Guide for Foreign Visitors

snoop1130

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

so you have barley changed the rules since you started letting people in when there was no vaccine. being vaccinated has got to count for something or there's no point.    cmon thailand you just said you got to start living with it, so drop all the red tape for vaccinated people and the rest of the nonsense. one test either before you come or when you get here for vaccinated people and that should be it. drop all the BS. coe etc etc

Absolutely spot on. Thailand tries to convince its population that vaccines will open the country yet those arriving vaccinated and tested multiple times are deemed dangerous and need a full 14 days quarantine. Go back to the 7 day vaxxed plan you had pre April 29th. Even the UK has only a 10 day quarantine.   

7 hours ago, superal said:

Quite easy really , no bars = no tourists . Makes no sense to close bars to the double jabbed tourist who could just show their passports with entry dates or maybe C.O.E.  ,   whilst crowds mingle in shopping malls , markets and queue at ATMs  and zero social distancing + many chin masks .

Just show your vax card and everything should be open to you. Fair enough 

A533D51A-55D8-4E7E-8E97-05AB16B4701F.jpeg

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, smedly said:

While Thailand continues to treat the fully vaccinated as a risk this is going nowhere, it makes no sense.

There is a massive shift in policy going on right now as experts review how this pandemic will play out, I suggest everyone watch Dr John Campbell's latest youtube video 

The primary goal now is to keep people from getting sick and hospitalised through effective vaccination, the focus is no longer on stopping people getting the virus as they have concluded that it is not possible, they are shifting away from mass testing as it is no longer relevent in countries that have vaccinated most of their population, they now believe vaccinated or not everyone will at some point will get this virus - they cannot stop it

The above of course applies to countries with an effective vaccine deployment which right now is not Thailand.

Thailand needs to stop focusing on the vaccinated and focus on those not vaccinated and that includes and more importantly tourists, drop the stupid rules and restrictions and get your own population vaccinated should be primary at this point, the landscape is changing - if you are going to invite tourists to Thailand then lock them up and gouge them for money then that is a non starter - this virus is no worse than the flu to those that have been vaccinated - that is were we are at it seems, so vaccination is now primary in order to get back to any semblence of normality   

EU  is OPEN for vaxxed….that should give thailand a clue

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Just show your vax card and everything should be open to you. Fair enough 

A533D51A-55D8-4E7E-8E97-05AB16B4701F.jpeg

Thanks and I get where our coming from but what is really needed is a globally accepted link . So OK you have the San Francisco  QR app which ( to the unaware ) could take you anywhere to maybe a fake site and those in Thailand who supervise the front of the house , would not have a clue what they are looking at .  BTW is that app authentic throughout the USA ?

22 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Forget about about families with kids then ...

Sometimes I think they are living in the clouds , no feet on the ground ...

If they so desperately want to attract foreigners to come to Thailand , much less bureaucrazy is needed , or they have to pay every tourist a bonus for taking the risk of a potential infection with Covid transmitted by thais .

Just send your wallet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Same for me, I'm 0% interested in the Phuket Sandbox or Samui + options. Rather how I can return to my place up country before the end of the year. Still need ASQ in BKK, but how long? Two links below mention "reduction to 10 days / 11 nights" except if coming from a few high risk countries (as far as I know, only a few African countries).

Would be so helpful if all sites would clearly indicate at the top the last date of updating! It's so confusing with everyone and his dog changing rules every day!

ASQ-Thailand – Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) หรือ สถานที่กักตัวทางเลือก เป็นกระบวนการของการกักกันโรค ณ โรงแรมที่ได้รับอนุมัติจากรัฐบาลโดยผู้กักตัวต้องจ่ายเงินเอง (asqthailand.com)

Thailand Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ): A Complete Guide (thethailandlife.com)

Hence the fickle thais ever changing rules with no cares if it affects anyone but themselves.....just saw this ray of hope

https://aseannow.com/topic/1229627-charming-chiang-mai-set-to-reopen-to-foreign-tourists-from-october-1st/