40.000 Baht For My Wifehomework ?

My question is about the marriaged man visa where both must show an income of at least 40.000?

Is it possible to pay my wife 40.000 Baht for homework and (traditional :o) massage?

Is this accepted as income by the immigration?

How much would i loose on tax.

Don't forget that the 40,000 Baht is a joint income requirement and it does NOT have to be a Thai income, offshore income is fine.

I'm sure you should be able to find a way of paying yourself 40k per month (possibly by transferring between offshore accounts) which would be acceptable to your embassy and immigration as proof of earnings, ZERO tax then :o

Afaik,, the one year extension to a visa, on grounds of marriage ,requires a JOINT income of 40 000 baht /month.....and you need a statement from your embassy to that effect....and /or tax paid certificates.

You therefore will lose no tax, if all income is provided by you.

Why not try a search on TV , and get the info from the horse's mouth?

Don't forget that the 40,000 Baht is a joint income requirement and it does NOT have to be a Thai income, offshore income is fine.

I'm 38 and i don't have an offical income. I'm writing and selling software on the internet while living here in Thailand.

I'm sure you should be able to find a way of paying yourself 40k per month (possibly by transferring between offshore accounts) which would be acceptable to your embassy and immigration as proof of earnings, ZERO tax then :o

I doubt that the German embassy would accept something like this without having a legal business in Germany.

But i have enough savings to do the faked paying of 40.000 Baht. We are living on a 25.000 Baht budget at the moment and are happy with it.

For my marriage visa extension, I used a letter written by one of my offshore companies (which I own), put the amount I make per month on it and signed it. Brought it to my embassy, which they certified and then to Immigration along with the bank books of the past few months showing the income certified on the letter. That's it. I'm sure you can do that as well :o

I'm 38 and i don't have an offical income. I'm writing and selling software on the internet while living here in Thailand.

I doubt that the German embassy would accept something like this without having a legal business in Germany.

But i have enough savings to do the faked paying of 40.000 Baht. We are living on a 25.000 Baht budget at the moment and are happy with it.

JR Texas: Be careful! Working in Thailand without a work permit can lead to problems........but given what you are doing, I am not sure you need a work permit (but probably do....maybe someone with knowledge will reply).

Also, I can sympathize with you........you do not need 40K to live on per month (I am assuming you live in the countryside) and yet the govt. now requires that you and your wife earn that much per month (cruel and terrible requirement that is separating families).

And people on this forum will tell you that the visa rule changes are designed to "prevent crime." Nonsense..............it seems to me that some of them are there to prevent Thai-Farang married couples from living in LOS. And, due to your age, I do not think having a child helps.......that only helps if you are 50 plus (don't even try to figure out why........makes no sense).

You did not mention what country you are from:

For example Australian Embassy require you to attend the Embassy (Consulate Section) fill out a "Stat Dec" - I assume they provide an example (pinned to the wall) as per the "Stat Dec" for proof of residence - they then simply read same stamp, and sign - relieve you of $20 (baht equiv) and you are on your merry way.

Note you are the one making the declaration they only sign to say it is you making the Declaration hence the onus is on you for the truthfullness.

I mentioned I had a letter from the Authority in Oz that pays me monies each 2 week period - their (Oz Emb) response was if Thai Immg do not accept the letter pop around and fill in the Stat Dec. They were not being flippant just offering the thought some Thai Immg may accept letter, some need to see the Stamp which says Aust Embassy. :o

I (thai) and my husband (american) are planning to use 40000bth joint income for the extension. It will be coming from the joint account in the US.

Question: I as a thai, will I be required to pay a thai income tax also on this?

I (thai) and my husband (american) are planning to use 40000bth joint income for the extension. It will be coming from the joint account in the US.

Question: I as a thai, will I be required to pay a thai income tax also on this?

teacup,

if the money is coming from the us, how is it coming, is it being paid into a thai bank account, earning interest, if so you will pay 15% tax on any interest you make.

i am not american, so i dont know if you will be able to get tax free status, on an american account, if both you and your husband live overseas.

i dont think it makes any difference whether you are thai or not, it is the account being taxed, regardless of the nationality of the account holder.

This money is the “the interest income” from one of our joint saving accounts in the US. I don’t have a thai bank account at the moment but will be opening it soon, as a joint account if possible. So the money will come thru wire transfer each month into our newly thai joint account. I have been living and working in the US all these times, but will be moving to Thailand permanently soon. All my money and assets are only in the US only, not Thailand.

So what you’re saying is…I still have to again pay a thai income tax on the top of the US income tax already paid for this money? Then I will be poor by the time I'm done with paying both countries taxes!

If you claim the income to be yours, then yes you do.

But as your hubby is from the US he can just make a declaration to the American Embassy that he earns the required amount they will provide a letter stating that he does. You can then use that for the visa and no monies need to move and no tax in Thailand needs to be paid.

How can he claim the income to be his only, if it's clearly shown on our joint acct statment with both of our names on it? Isn't it, we’re committing a perjury?

Would the embassy go along with this? Of course it will make the visa process less complicated for us.

Edited by teacup

I think you will only have to pay Thai tax on the interest you will get on the Thai bank account. They will not tax the deposits coming into Thailand. I also think your husband could go the US Embassy and get his income statement notarized and that along with with the monthly deposits into Thai bank account would satisfy the financial requirements of the visa extension.

TH