moderna vaccine

rughead

I received a message this morning from Bangkok hospital Hat Yai, presently registered and paid for moderna vaccine , originally planned for last quarter 2021, now planned for 1st quarter 2022.

has anybody else registered received a same message 

Yes, but that was always the most likely scenario.

I registered for Moderna before I got on the government vaccination programme. I still paid, even though I've now had the first AZ jab, I assumed it wouldn't arrive until next year and thought I'd bank it as a booster option.

I thought Moderna was to arrive in October.  I also had a first AstraZeneca shot before they annouced the arrival of Pfizer.  Everyone everywhere now refuses to give me a Pfizer second shot.  I wonder if Moderna, which I paid for, arrives in October whether government will ban me from getting it as they seem committed to allowing only AstraZeneca as a second shot to non-important people.  Doctors, nurses and other front line works can easily get Pfizer second shots or booster shots.  Frustrating.

• Like 1

Actually this will impact families more than actual expats. I think my tale will resonate with many mixed families.

I my case I am vaccinated with AZ already and purchased a booster of Moderna at BPH, so if it comes late or never comes, doesn't really matter for me.

BUT I also booked 2 shots of Moderna for wife/daughter, which at that time was coming in the October/Nov period, and consequently they have turned down Government Sinovac and Astra shots, but now if Moderna is very late (ie: 2022) then they are not vaccinated for a 5-6 mth period.

A catch22 situation that will require a solution. Sure many caught like this.

I recieved the same message and when I asked the reason for the delay they replied with.  

"In order to the pandemic of Covid-19 Delta varient in USA. The US government become reserving the vaccine for US citizen. This is a reason of vaccine for Thailand is postponed. The Private Hospital Association must pay the cost of vaccine to Moderna USA to ensure there are vaccines reserved for Thailand. 

As an update, there is only 1.5 million doses of vaccine deliver to Thailand this year, which we do not expect to get this batch of the vaccine. "

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Moderna has arrived.

I received an SMS from BHH today asking me to select when I wanted my jab. This will act as my booster, I've had 2x AstraZeneca.

Edited by Stocky

Got my jab this afternoon, now fully boosted. Vaccination station for Moderna is in the car park of the Bangkok Hospital. Not very busy, all done in 45 minutes including half an hour waiting period after vaccination. 

• Like 1