How can I find and view an image on any browser in cache?

up2you2

Are you trying to see what images have been cached by your normal web browser?

The location of and the method to view the images depends upon which operating system(OS) and software you use for web browsing.  Please let us know which OS and browser you use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Are you trying to see what images have been cached by your normal web browser?

The location of and the method to view the images depends upon which operating system(OS) and software you use for web browsing.  Please let us know which OS and browser you use.

Yes I am trying to find, and then view, images in a cached folder.
I normally use Mozilla Firefox, but for this purpose I can use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Whatever really is easiest to use please.
I am using Windows 7.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

in firefox     type  about:cache    in the url bar and press enter

you will be presented with a screen like this.

cache.jpg.08e0ba6f92eccdb11cd73ee23ced8f3c.jpg

Okay this is what I get, Expired immediately, please see the screen shot. So how do I get around this situation please?

ScreenShot3392.jpg

Deleting Microsoft Edge, then using Internet Explorer, this time I was not only able to find the file, but open it - headway.

Now although opened can still not be saved, is there some kind of tweak that can be done to permit this?

ScreenShot3394.jpg

Since you asked about viewing and saving a file from the cache in browsers that you do not have installed: Is the image still visible at the website?

If so, it should be easy to save the image directly from the webpage rather than using the cache.

53 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Since you asked about viewing and saving a file from the cache in browsers that you do not have installed: Is the image still visible at the website?

If so, it should be easy to save the image directly from the webpage rather than using the cache.

The image is still being displayed on the website, however you cannot save it.

Previously when this happened, if I found it on Internet Explorer cache, I could view and save it.

With this specific image, today I cannot.

8 hours ago, farang51 said:

If you do not know how to turn off JavaScript:

In Firefox, visit the page and press the Ctrl+i keys to open the information window. Here, you can choose the Media page, find the image and save it.

Wow and thank you.

Did it, what a quest but got there, much appreciated.

• 2 years later...

You could try using a browser that's not that popular, maybe it has some secret feature to show hidden stuff in its cache. Otherwise, you might need to dig deep into your browser's settings or even check out the browser's archive if it has one. Hope that helps!

You could try using a browser that's not that popular, maybe it has some secret feature to show hidden stuff in its cache. Otherwise, you might need to dig deep into your browser's settings or even check out the browser's archive if it has one. Hope that helps!