Experiences with booking the UK 10 day quarantine hotels ?

kham9

Anyone either used or trying to book the mandatory quarantine hotels through the gov.uk/CTM websites.  Whats the timescale for the process do they take days to confirm bookings? My experience with the process is not very good and I wandered if other people were having problems.

1 hour ago, gungadin1 said:

Why would you want to stay there?have you seen the reviews?Better to go to another country for 10 days.I will be when I need to return

I agree with you & that would be my preferred option but there's a few downsides in doing so... 

1 May have to do additional home quarantine & will have to take at least 1 additional CV19 tests when you finally get to the UK

2 Run the risk of the interim country being added to the UK Red List & having to do 10 days hotel quarantine anyway ????

3) Risk of the interim country adding Thailand to it's own restricted travel list & either forcing some sort of quarantine there or denying entry at all... 

I think that if you really need to get back to the UK to do some business etc... then 10 days hotel quarantine is probably the best route... Me I'm going to visit my parents so doing an additional 10 days "Home Quarantine" at their house wouldn't be too much of a problem.    

As a matter of interest, which interim country would you use? I was thinking Dubai BUT I have 70k THB in vouchers for Qatar that need to be used by next Feb... Don't fancy 10 days in Doha ????  

2 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

Why would you want to stay there?have you seen the reviews?Better to go to another country for 10 days.I will be when I need to return

Are there any country's you can fly to from Thailand without quarentine?,I've looked at Norway and Germany but you have to quarentine there if you come from Thailand, may aswel just go UK and pay the hotel quarentine there.

1 hour ago, lanng khao said:

Are there any country's you can fly to from Thailand without quarentine?,I've looked at Norway and Germany but you have to quarentine there if you come from Thailand, may aswel just go UK and pay the hotel quarentine there.

I considered that a few backs and was looking at Albania and Croatia but luck was on my side and got to the UK before Thailand got red.

Not sure about Croatia but fairly sure Albania still open.

I think you can still transit UK without quarantine, you have to mark the PLF as being exempt, details on the UK Gov website.