Pfizer injections begin in Phuket

snoop1130

1630922705_1-org.jpg

A screenshot of the PPHO vaccination report earlier today (Sept 6). Image: PPHO

PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) has confirmed that the Pfizer vaccine has begun being deployed to vaccinate people in Phuket against COVID-19. The report also marks that frontline workers arand other at-risk groups are starting to receive their third injection “booster shot”.

The report, initially posted online through the Official COVID-19 Information Center”, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior, marked that on Saturday (Sept 4) in total 5,361 doses of Pfizer had been administered across the island.

As of today (Sept 6), the number stands at 5,461.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/pfizer-injections-begin-in-phuket-81309.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-06

What a mess. The islands vaccinated with Sinovac months ago. Now a booster shot for at risk and front line, but in another article by the Phuket News, seems like it's not going to be the booster shot you might think...welcome to the Phuket Lab.

To achieve the goal, she said, Phuket will need to roll out more jabs. About 400,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine will have to be procured, along with 70,000 of the Pfizer vaccine for interdermal injections ‒ which require 20% of the usual dose required for a booster shot, but confers equal immunity against the virus.

She cited the result of a study in the Netherlands which showed the technique was as effective as the intramuscular injection method, in which a full dose was administered.

Vachira Phuket Hospital is conducting a trial on intradermal injections, using 20% of the usual amount of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine on those who have already received two shots of the Sinovac vaccine, according to the groups.

So far, 76.5% of Phuket’s population have been vaccinated against COVID-19, while up to 87.1% of the elderly population and 70% of those with underlying medical conditions have been inoculated, said the report.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sours-on-sandbox-81303.php

10 hours ago, pasathai said:

free?

The first 20% is free. You have to pay for the other 80% if you want a full dose ????????.

just kidding. I know the 20% is as a booster to two previous jabs and the usual 3 week thai study of results is ongoing. And I bet I can predict what the result will be…..a resounding endorsement of government proposals ????????????. Just kidding again, I don’t actually know the results.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, wensiensheng said:

in case anyone is wondering…like I was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intradermal_injection

One of the first things we were told when beginning psych training was never to use Wikipedia as a reference source as it is considered an unreliable source i.e. neither peer reviewed, or published in a fact checked form of reviewed publication.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So is a pfizer shot in Phuket approved in Australia? 

Are they free?

It's amazing how they (bkk hospital) can actually organise a mass vaccination like this while providing such little information. There seems to be no media releases or posts regarding this pfizer thing. I got the sms last night to go to the mall and get jabbed. But can't even clearly tell whether i am eligible or if it is free. So weird