British Passport Applications For Thais

hi,

my wife has been in England since Nov 03 and now has UK residency. I want her to get a UK passport but am unsure as to the process; I am aware she now has to take some sort of test but can anyone tell me where to apply and how easy / difficult it is? Following that how straight forward is the application process?

Thanks in advace

dunez

She must have lived in UK for 3 years married to a UK citizen and have proved her profficiency in English and 'Life in UK" to apply for citizenship

See Naturalisation as a British Citizen

Once she has citizenship, she applies for a British passport in the normal manner on the standard form but includes the citizenship certificate.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

She can sit the ESOL with Citizenship course. Various members have reported that there is no test at the end of this, qualification being based upon attendance; i.e. you have to attend every day of the course in order to pass. Make sure you make it clear to the college that you want the citizenship element. There are many ESOL courses, but only the "with citizenship" will be acceptable for the purposes of naturalisation.

Scouse.

yes the course is the "life in UK " test, follow scouses link above

if you thinkl her English is of a reasonable standard then look purchase a life in the uk book, let her do some swatting and and you should be there.

But her English has to be quite good, a lot of multiple choice answers.

Edited by Monkeypants

yes the course is the "life in UK " test, follow scouses link above

if you thinkl her English is of a reasonable standard then look purchase a life in the uk book, let her do some swatting and and you should be there.

But her English has to be quite good, a lot of multiple choice answers.

Hi Dunez,

You can follow either route as suggested in the links and posts above, but depending on the grasp of English your other half has, I would give due consideration to what Monkeypants says.

Buy the book, read, learn, test and revise and then take the exam, it is multiple choice so you have a fair chance if you have done the hard yards.

Do not be put off by the questions they appear to be deliberately obscure, pointless and sometimes plain wrong.

After that, it is a walk in the park, apply for a citizenship loyalty affirmation, quick oath, a blast of God Save the Queen, shake hands with a local celeb, picture taken and off to the pub for a celebratory scort of Champers.

All the forms and guidance and application forms are supplied with the Naturalization certificate given on the day and send off for the passport.

You have already done all the hard work, well worth the final hurdle, that is nowhere near as hard as the previous marathons.

Good Luck

Moss