Harnal Ocas

DUNROAMIN

Hi, Male expats with prostrate enlargement will no what this is for.  I am trying to find any alternate brands that are not so expensive. This brand is about 1200B for one months supply. If you are being treated for prostrate enlargement with another brand, but same ingrediants I would grateful for some feedback reference this matter.

Cheers

See the source image

Moved to the health Forum.

The only other brand of this (tamsulosin) in Thailand is called Uroflow and, like Harnal, it is a Western impirt so might nto be any cheaper.

Cardura is not same  as Harnal, it is doxazosin whereas Harnal is tamsulosin.

Doxazosin is, however, in same general class of drugs and has similar action, and is far less expensive (especially if a locally made brand, of which there are several) so it may be worth asking your doctor if you can switch to doxazosin.

Locally made brands of doxazosin are:

Barova 4

Cardoxa

Cazosin

Dezcard

these all cost much less than Cradura, which is an imported brand.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Moved to the health Forum.

The only other brand of this (tamsulosin) in Thailand is called Uroflow and, like Harnal, it is a Western impirt so might nto be any cheaper.

Cardura is not same  as Harnal, it is doxazosin whereas Harnal is tamsulosin.

Doxazosin is, however, in same general class of drugs and has similar action, and is far less expensive (especially if a locally made brand, of which there are several) so it may be worth asking your doctor if you can switch to doxazosin.

Locally made brands of doxazosin are:

Barova 4

Cardoxa

Cazosin

Dezcard

these all cost much less than Cradura, which is an imported brand.

I've been using Cazosin 4mg for about 3 years now have found it very effective. I also endeavor to keep active with a daily walk, some yoga or qigong and the all important Kegel exercise.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Like you i was prescribed Harnal OCS but recently requested an alternative med from my doc, he advised Cardura XL 4 mg which i can obtain from my local Siam pharmacy at 700bht for a box of 30.

I should add in view of Sheryl's post the Cardura i obtain is manufactured by Pfizer.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Like you i was prescribed Harnal OCS but recently requested an alternative med from my doc, he advised Cardura XL 4 mg which i can obtain from my local Siam pharmacy at 700bht for a box of 30.

Thanks for the info, Cheers

• Like 1

I have been prescribed Xatral, an Alpha blocker for BPH.........am I on the right stuff?

I was also prescribed Duodart, but reading up on it,  there are concerns it can actually trigger an aggressive form of prostate cancer, so I have never taken it!!!!

11 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, any side effects?

None at all. It is Flomax just generic. Tamosalin basically, just ask the pharmascuatcat any walk in pharmacy. It is over the counter here.

Edited by ThailandRyan