Strawberries In Thailand

bubbaba

I  live in Muang Nakhon Ratchasima,  (Korat area).  I want to grow strawberries  but  not sure how  they  would do in heat and heavy amounts of rain we receive every year.  Does anyone on this  forum grow strawberries here in Thailand. I would love to hear all about  it.  I am also  open  to  any and all  comments.  Thank you.

• Like 1

My wife grew them in those urn-shaped pots with openings in them. Bought them at JJ Market. Had half a dozen pots.

She used the smaller variety of berry and they did fine in NST, She'd be out there twice a day gently picking off bugs and depositing them elsewhere so we didn't have to spray them.

I have firsthand knowledge of pesticide use in LOS, and strawberries are the worst. Don't bother trying to wash them, won't make a bit of difference.

Too much rain is bad. She kept hers on the bench that encloses our back porch. Just enough sun, and watered by hand.

My missus grew them in Korat a few years back, but the gave up as she can make considerably more money from selling blackberry and raspberry plants. 

About half a year ago she started growing a few strawberries again for the fruit for us. So, yes they can grow in Korat too.  

• Like 1