Wholesale peanuts ? Where are the farms in Thailand ? Where to buy 10 kg to 100 kg ? why are peanuts so expensive in shops ?

l4ml4m

Here in Phuket , we have a store named Supercheap , branches all over the island , two brands available , brand 1) 500g at 37 baht , brand 2) 500g at 41 baht.

I buy regularly , usually 2kg at a time , as I make my own peanut butter.

Walk through some of the alleys in Chinatown, BKK and you can find 50 pound sacks of peanuts and cashews (and just about any dried agriculture commodity like <deleted>ake, gingko, tea, etc)  before they divvy them up into the small bags for sale.  I found that most wholesale markets in Thailand have them.

Edit:  Anyone interested in Chinatown can take the relatively new MRT extension past Hua Lampong (next stop past), and that dumps you in the middle of a wholesale food market.  The few blocks in any direction from Wat Mangkon (sp?) MRT station are chock full of wholesale and retail vendors of some fascinating food, much of which is difficult to find elsewhere.  I can spend the whole day perusing and picking up spices, etc.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1