USPS United States Postal .. transfer to EMS ..

DJ54

My apologies if posted elsewhere.. I had a look but didn’t see anything. My siste mailed a letter from my US bank via USPS United States Postal Service Priority Mail which interlinks with EMS once it reaches Bangkok. Shipped

August 3 ,, arrived Bangkok August 20 according to USPS tracking... the issue once it’s artives Bangkok USPS tracking stops when changed to EMS. Sept has arrived.. 

Contacted USPS show tracking it arrived Bangkok. Called EMS / Thai Post they say don’t show arriving Bangkok.

Have there had long delays during the pandemic!? Were you able to rectify the situation? If so how. 

Appreciate any advise. My said she shipped USPS to save me money.. one of the purple guys was a couple hundred USD. I know .. I think if I’ve got to reorder I’ll ship via DHL. Comments? 

Thanks 

"USPS tracking stops when changed to EMS. Sept has arrived.."

USPS tracking app  .Tracking number starts with letters CH ends with a US

A  recent envelope sent USPS international Priority Mail. Here's the history.

Sent April 15 LA to Tokyo 

Process through facility Thailand

Customs Clearance Thailand

Customs Clearance processing complete Thailand

Processed through facility Bangkok mail center Thailand

arrived at facility Thailand

departed facility Thailand

arrived at post office Thailand

out for delivery Thailand

delivered  April 24

Every time my daughter sends my mail ,this is what I can expect.

One time the US GOVT sent something unannounced ,it ended up going to France and finally arriving 4 months later

Edited by riclag

• 3 weeks later...

The Op should understand the Thai Postal website track and trace is a few days behind the USPS when a package arrives in Bangkok. Often packages sent to me from the USA show leaving the USA on the Thai postal track & trace, when the USPS shows where it is in Bangkok. I never worry about not tracking it for that period it flutters around Bangkok. I am tracking packages, not letters. I can in fact track the packages as they go from Bangkok to Korat and then to the final post office on the USPS website.