Burping!

Batty

This is gonna seem like a silly thing to post about.  Out of nowhere the wife has been burping several times an hour, and a mild stomach ache, for around a month.  No pain when you press on the stomach/abdomen.  I know thats nothing to worry about too much, probably an ulcer or something, maybe GERD?  But it is out of nowhere and she has been otherwise pretty healthy for years with a good diet and non drinker/smoker.  She is 35.  The reason I am posting is because she refuses to go see a doc, worried about catching covid at the clinic/hospital.  More than likely it is something that will just go away by itself I suppose, or should I put my foot down and drag her to docs?  I was thinking just to be safe?  

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Yep, you probably got reflux.

Living with it for 10 years now. It only gets worse.

Thanks Pravda.  Yeh thats what I guessed, burping usualy isnt anything to stress about is it in terms of rushing to the docs.  The mild stomach ache bothers me a bit though so I wondered if forcing her to the docs might be an overreaction or a wise move.

Have this problem too. Psyllium husk, isabgol, has eased it lot. I take it in capsule form. Seems to help clear the whole gastric pipeline from mouth to the other end. My belching is less frequent and bowel movements improved. Give PH a shot.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yep, you probably got reflux.

Living with it for 10 years now. It only gets worse.

I seem to be getting reflux a lot more nowadays (probably becasue I'm sat on my 4rse a lot more with the pubs/gyms being shut), any recommendation of what to take for it?

29 minutes ago, DanWill said:

You are the one who started this.

Started what?  I didnt ask for anyone to 'tell me what to do' I am a fully grown man for christ sake.  I asked for an opinion and didnt expect an arsey reply from anyone. I should have expected it, but I didnt.  And now you are starting lol.  Some people have nothing better to do ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Have this problem too. Psyllium husk, isabgol, has eased it lot. I take it in capsule form. Seems to help clear the whole gastric pipeline from mouth to the other end. My belching is less frequent and bowel movements improved. Give PH a shot.

Thanks for that

• Like 1

Anyhoo you'll eventually find that there is no one solution, you will have to observe your body and how it reacts to different remedies.

Also seeing a doctor is recommended as you may have h pylori...which does give you cancer over time....and do does acid reflux.

Maybe Reflux / Gerd 

I had a patch of terrible indigestion in the middle of the night, but before that I was fine, but would burp after drinking creamy ice coffee.

I went to the docs and he gave me tablets - I had to start drinking decaf coffee and change my eating habit, not much, just giving myself a little time after I relaxed after eating, then after a few weeks, I stopped the tablets..

Since then everything has been great - Go see a doctor, if it is reflux then they don't really solve the problem - they just give you relief - the real solution is finding out what causes it by avoiding foods and drinks or changing lifestyle.

• Like 1

Excessive gas both ends, stomach cramps, feeling bloated ?  maybe = IBS = Irritable bowel syndrome, that can last for a few days to a few months, a change of diet , exercise,  can help  especially ( in my case) walking, get some probiotics in your gut, either powder form from the pharmacy or  yogurt form from Foodland

Edited by actonion

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Does this doctor actually want to keep any patients ? (????)

What the old decaf?

Actually, after a while, it tastes OK - there are times when the instant stuff is a right pain to get hold of, and it would be great if Amazon did a decaf.

After a while, you realize how rotten drinking coffee is, caffeine is a pretty horrid drug. I used to drink 4 mugs of Nescafe in a morning, now I just have 1 or 2 cups of decaf and feel way better for it.

I had a cappuccino the other day, first time in years, with no ill effects - so I don't know. I stopped smoking many years ago, which is usually the cause, so I don't know if I can agree that it just gets worse.

• Like 1

Any carbonated beverages going down? Or something that might prompt gas? 

I can't see dragging anyone to a car physically - if she is that against it... if anyone tried to do that to me, it would surely be the last time they see me. 

what you might do is some research on your own, as this posting is [try google also] and maybe even go talk to a doctor yourself and get advice... not sure where you are but many doctors have their own clinics usually in the evening, smaller and less intimidating.. 

best of luck to your wife... 

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

maybe a walk once in a while might be nice? I am getting lazier too... seems a nap is just more convenient that a walk... 

Couldn't agree more + the naps tend to be even more convenient after eating which obviously makes things 10x worse ???? 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:41 AM, SamuiAddict said:

Omeprazole

I had surgery a few months back and have to take antibiotics after awhile I was burping so much

it was keeping me awake. I take other medicines but the antibiotics 300 mg 3X a day were the only newly added.. Omeprazole once a day keeps it under control and thankfully about 1 more week and 

off the antibiotics.... 

Constant burbing ( I’m 67) is miserable and a sleep disaster.... I think the dog hot ear muffs... Best of luck hope she feels better soon and it’ll ease you mind as well

• 2 weeks later...

I just scanned through the post. Someone may have already mentioned but Helicobacter pylori bacterial infection is something that can cause a lot of burping.

My experience with it was a lot of burping, a really bad taste in my mouth in mornings, indigestion, stomach pain (particularly on an empty stomach), and a bunch of other things I have probably forgotten.

It's a common thing that if left unchecked for a long time can lead to more serious issues.

I believe one of the ways one can get it is through drinking/rinsing with bad water. For example Thai tap water.

I had it diagnosed in Australia with a urea breath test thing. I took a combination of antibiotics for a week or 2 to get rid of it. The symptoms apparently can take a few months to go away after being clear. Infact I went to the hospital 2 days ago as 9 months later II still get stomach pains. I had a gastroscopy and at the same time they did a stomach biopsy.

The biopsy was to test stomach bacteria and H Pylori. 2 week wait as it had to get sent to bangkok.

However they did a seperate H Pylori test on the day which was negative. I assume this was with some of the biopsy tissue taken.

Anyway I have not seen a urea breath test for H Pylori anywhere in Thailand yet but I didn't look too hard.

I did enquire at my local lab and they can test for it by way of a stool test for 700 baht.

Something to consider. It is also contagious so if your wife had it you probably would too.