COVID-19: Thailand reports 12,583 new coronavirus cases and 16,304 recoveries

webfact

9 hours ago, mockingbird said:

As for the rest of your doomy post...they started easing restriction s 2 weeks ago, and the world hasn't caved in.

Didn’t they just extend the measures for two weeks including curfews, bars closed etc to keep the numbers down?

• Thanks 2

Thailand begins mass vaccination of pregnant women

The Ministry of Public Health will vaccinate as many as 100,000 pregnant women against COVID-19 between today (Monday September 13th) and October 13th, said Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha today.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-begins-mass-vaccination-of-pregnant-women/

58 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Didn’t they just extend the measures for two weeks including curfews, bars closed etc to keep the numbers down?

They did. I didn't say they ended restrictions, I said they eased them.

In dark red zones indoor and sit down dining is now allowed, as well as other businesses such as salons, massage shops, and shops in  shopping centers have all reopened as of September 1.

37 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

They did. I didn't say they ended restrictions, I said they eased them.

In dark red zones indoor and sit down dining is now allowed, as well as other businesses such as salons, massage shops, and shops in  shopping centers have all reopened as of September 1.

As I thought, the left all the major ones as I mentioned to help stop the virus increasing, once they are eased, if that does happen at the end of Sept then we will see how it goes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I'd like to see schools open as soon as possible but teachers in my daughter's school have only just received their first dose of vaccine so I for one won't be happy to see her go back before her teachers have received both shots.

Same situation here, we’ve still got teachers waiting for second dose, we go to an empty school each day and deliver online lessons to the students, frustrating to say the least. Once all teachers and parents are vaccinated then students should be allowed back with covid measures implemented, negative tests, and sensible but robust procedures. 

The debate on vaccinating adolescents is complex and In my opinion should be guided by solid evidence.

• Like 1