Home WiFi has disappeared from most devices.

JeffersLos

3BB Wifi Router.

2 computers connected by LAN - No issue at all.

Last night phones and tablet lost the Wifi connection, it isn't shown.

Rebooted the router, phones and tablet this morning.

The tablet connects to it. The phones don't find the Wifi connection.

What happened and how do we get the phones (Android, the same as the tablet) to find and connect to the Wifi again?

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It doesn't. 

On at least 2 phones.

The only device which shows it (and can connect to it) is the tablet.

Strange!

There is an app....network analyser....this will show you if the phone even recognizes there is a signal.....but what you do then I'm not sure.

IGNORE - I didn't read all the OP and his phones are Android!  Sorry for that.

Are your phones Apple iPhones?   There was a software update released in the past few hours.  Perhaps they were auto-updated.  Try the solutions others suggested as well as simply rebooting the phones.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Which SSID does the tablet actually connect to? Can it see the other?

spacer.png

It only sees one WiFi connection from the router. 5G is part of the name, but the device is 5 years old, so I doubt the router is 5G. 

I'm not sure if the tablet previously saw two connections from the router. 

33 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Is it a dual-band router (2.4 and 5GHz)?

One band could have failed which is the one your devices want to connect to.

Do 3BB do a router with WiFi 6? Ais last week changed my router. 1 box now instead of two. 2 antennas instead of 4. and the WiFi 6 connection is 10x faster if you have the compatible devices. 

No the name means "5GHz" ???? 

The tablet is almost certainly dual-band if it has 5GHz.

If it definitely can't see the 2.4GHz connection then it either got turned off or it's died ???? 

Are your phones dual-band? Try scanning for WiFi they may find the 5GHz access.

Otherwise time to call The Man ???? 

Most or maybe even all wifi routers have a reset button. It is often accessible either by pressing it or via a hole which can be accessed with a sim ejector. Pressing it will factory-reset the router. After resetting it, try connecting again.  

Some devices upgrade their OS regularly, often leading to blockage of WiFi if security issues are detected. For example, this appeared on my iPhone after a recent update:

spacer.png

Edited by mvdf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Most or maybe even all wifi routers have a reset button. It is often accessible either by pressing it or via a hole which can be accessed with a sim ejector. Pressing it will factory-reset the router. After resetting it, try connecting again. 

A factory reset of a 3BB router should not be done unless you know in advance the WAN username and password that the router uses to connect to 3BB which can be found on the receipt from 3BB the technicians should give you.

Edited by KeeTua
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Most or maybe even all wifi routers have a reset button.

I'm not sure doing a hard reset on an ISPs router is advisable, unless your are a service technician. You'll lose the WAN config.

Sure, if you want to re-start it, even from within the UI, that's fine.

What is the router make and model?

Personally, I'd log in to the router (192.168.1.1   username=admin password= 3bb are the default, but you probably changed these) and verify the WLAN configuration. I's also make sure the Channel selection is set to Automatic. An older 3BB Huawei fiber router does not support 5 GHz WLAN, only 2.4 GHz. 3BB will give you a newer router, which supports 5 GHz WLAN upon request. Then verify the SSID and key/PW. On the devices, just forget or delete the WLAN network, rescan, and re-add it.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm not sure doing a hard reset on an ISPs router is advisable, unless your are a service technician. You'll lose the WAN config.

Sure, if you want to re-start it, even from within the UI, that's fine.

What is the router make and model?

Personally, I'd log in to the router (192.168.1.1   username=admin password= 3bb are the default, but you probably changed these) and verify the WLAN configuration. I's also make sure the Channel selection is set to Automatic. An older 3BB Huawei fiber router does not support 5 GHz WLAN, only 2.4 GHz. 3BB will give you a newer router, which supports 5 GHz WLAN upon request. Then verify the SSID and key/PW. On the devices, just forget or delete the WLAN network, rescan, and re-add it.

I see. Yes, correct. I wrote my comment above based on my experience with my own personal router which I use in conjunction with a prepaid (reloadable) sim.

Indeed, if the router is supplied by an ISP and installed by a service technician, best if they are consulted to resolve any issues.