Wat Phu Tok, assistance please.

malt25

Hi all  ????  I plan visiting Wat Phu Tok  in the near future. I read somewhere, some time ago, about a long tail boat ride, followed by a short hike to a waterfall. I'd like to visit both the wat & waterfall. Probably stay in Sika 1 or 2 nights. Have own transport, will be driving.

Any advice, info or suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers.....     Mal.

Its  a beautiful place to visit. Very difficult climb to the top but well worth it. Bit open in places so hope you don’t nervous of heights too easily lol

I assume you mean Seka? Probably the busiest town closest to there or stay in Bueng Kan itself. Seka has a few bars (one foreign I know of) and plenty of restaurants. 

Its a beautiful area. Take a look round the lake at Bueng Khong Long too if you get the chance. Lovely place to eat with many restaurants around the lake itself. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, Kadilo said:

Its  a beautiful place to visit. Very difficult climb to the top but well worth it. Bit open in places so hope you don’t nervous of heights too easily lol

I assume you mean Seka? Probably the busiest town closest to there or stay in Bueng Kan itself. Seka has a few bars (one foreign I know of) and plenty of restaurants. 

Its a beautiful area. Take a look round the lake at Bueng Khong Long too if you get the chance. Lovely place to eat with many restaurants around the lake itself. 

Enjoy. 

I have balance problems so I'd have to take that into account. I'm thinking of getting a stick of some kind to help on those frequent occasions where there's nothing to easily hold onto. 

19 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I have balance problems so I'd have to take that into account. I'm thinking of getting a stick of some kind to help on those frequent occasions where there's nothing to easily hold onto. 

When I walked it there were areas

where it was open to the

sides and some of the was on rough terrain. I am talking approx 5 years ago so be prepared. 

Don’t let me put you off at all. The views are stunning and well worth a visit even if you dont get to the top. 

• Thanks 1