Nine people arrested drinking alcohol on beach in Sattahip, violating Covid-19 rules

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

alcohol was banned in public areas well before Covid-19, including in Pattaya, but was rarely if ever enforced due to relaxed enforcement for tourism.

The Plod are getting more & more desperate for alternative revenue streams now that they can no longer strangle lots of local businesses which have given up the ghost.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Almer said:

They are doing nothing wrong, other than breaking the rules set out in the emergency decree, the rules are the rules, if you don't like them, tough.

Agreed.

A friend spent 10 hours in the monkey house and had to pay 6,000 Baht for being caught drinking in a bar in a Jomtein soi.

Can't argue with that.

I am not sure if the shopkeeper who grassed them up got a percentage of the gross take of 64,000 Baht.

3 hours ago, Almer said:

They are doing nothing wrong, other than breaking the rules set out in the emergency decree, the rules are the rules, if you don't like them, tough.

Meanwhile here, in Patong, bars are fully open in Bangla Road, serving beer in paper cups.

OK, they are supposed to be restaurants, but they are same venues as before and plenty of bargirls (oops, I suppose that now they are restaurantgirls). "Hellooooo, sexy maaaaan".

I don't know if food is served, but plenty of beer.

And they don't hide and claim publicly their rights to do it because authorities are not helping them:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-bars-defy-national-order-to-open-as-restaurants-81397.php

Edited by Espanol

Almost every day I see people gathered drinking alcohol no masks or social distancing. Almost all Thais, nothing said or done. I guess rightly or wrongly people are just fed up of the restrictions and more and more people will be breaking them. I guess if you do are you lucky and get away with it or not and get fined.