Line to new device from US via DTAC SMS ?

chubby

Hello, I am able to receive Bangkok Bank SMS and DTAC , but when I try to transfer my

old phone line to new phone/device via the existing DTAC Thai phone number, I receive no SMS

I'm wondering if maybe Line SMS is not the same as Bangkok Banks ? (I don't have the Line linked to a fb acct, and won't)

if

So, is there any way to get the original Line App account transfered to my new phone, other than being in Thailand to get a Line SMS?

for now I'm using Line lite on the new phone which generally works however I'd prefer to get the mainline Line app account working on the new phone ..

LINE is an app, so long as you can remember your user ID and password, it can be set up on any device. An SMS is a message sent from a cellular phone to another cellular phone, nothing to do with the LINE app. It appears you are confusing the two.

If you want to receive LINE messages on a new device, setup LINE on the new device. If you want to receive SMS messages to your DTAC number, on a new device, That would involve putting your DTAC Sim card in the new device (connect via roaming).

LINE doesn't have any links to facebook.

seems your confused , on the new device with the dtac sim card in it, roaming on, logging into line it asks for a phone number or facebook

entering the phone thai dtac , it says it will send an sms for a verification code, however no code ever arrives, which is what I thought I wrote above

https://help.line.me/line/android/?contentId=20005077

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You can transfer your LINE account to a new number, even on a U.S. SIM. 

You can transfer your LINE account to a new device.

You can receive the LINE SMS if you use DTAC Call over WiFi.

well can not get the LINE sms using DTAC Call over wifi, so guess I'll have to wait till I'm back in los, cause really don't want to re register the number to the US number (which I'm soon to lose control over )

hmm but guess i can try "call me instead" depending on what the dtac call over wifi might charge for an incoming call

this also doesn't work, for some reason, already tried putting the dtac sim in the new phone, didnt help receive the dtac sms via roaming tmobile ;

unless dtac call over wifi doesn't like vpns , out of ideas again

Edited by chubby
s

7 hours ago, chubby said:

unless dtac call over wifi doesn't like vpn

Turn off VPN.

7 hours ago, chubby said:

depending on what the dtac call over wifi might charge for an incoming call

Incoming calls are free.

Calls to/from Thailand charged at your plan rate, 1 baht/min or minutes deducted from your plan.

You need LINE to message someone in Thailand? Just use your U.S. SIM.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll sort it out.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:14 AM, chubby said:

seems your confused , on the new device with the dtac sim card in it, roaming on, logging into line it asks for a phone number or facebook

entering the phone thai dtac , it says it will send an sms for a verification code, however no code ever arrives, which is what I thought I wrote above

https://help.line.me/line/android/?contentId=20005077

Is English your first language? Your posts are difficult to read and I have no idea as to why you have included that link. Actually thought it must be a Troll... suggesting others are confused and then linking to Backing up and restoring your chat history with Google Drive ??

I really did not want to get involved ????

But it seems that you really are confused; so I will try to help you.

Have you set "Allow Account Transfer" on your old phone? In addition to this; to transfer your LINE account, you need to have ALL of the following:
• A phone number, email address, and password registered to LINE

https://official-blog-en.line.me/archives/1074054356.html

Edited by Bruno123