Was it Expatvac or not ? I'm on a list ! Koh Chang

brianthainess

Mon 13th went and did my 90day, around 7.30pm i'm watching tv and the missus say bringing her phone ''you speak doctor, what your name" ?? lol, as she is a health volunteer the doctor had phoned her, and asked ''what falang you know live here''

anyways Dr had my name on a "List" quoting my name and house number, I then gave the Dr a name of my friend who lives very nearby, " No him not on the list" (he hasn't registered with expatvac ) The doctor works at our local clinic and told wifey that I will get the Pfizer vaccine, no dates given yet. I have not received any E-mail from expatvac since '' registration successful''.

So basically if the Doc had not known my wife, then i'm guessing i would not have found out. I know of another Falang living in the next clinics area, after hearing this he went there and the doctor said to him ''what list''   LMFO.

Thanks and well done to the doctor still working at 7.30 pm in making that call.

Like my province I think you'll find the expatvac list has been forwarded to provincial health offices.

The health offices then attempt to contact people on the list once Pfizer allocation is received and their program permits.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farma said:

Like my province I think you'll find the expatvac list has been forwarded to provincial health offices.

The health offices then attempt to contact people on the list once Pfizer allocation is received and their program permits.  

Well I did read that "village chiefs/headman" have been told to persuade residents to get vaccinated, so maybe this is what has happened, plus local elections are around the corner, so got to get their act together. 

I know from personal experience assisting with some of these contact messages you'll most likely find the messages originate from the provincial health office. 

They forward to local levels when they've been unable to contact a person. 

Your Dr could also have a friend in or work in HQ and seen the list.

Expatvac contacted me through an English speaking lady who told me where and when to get my 1st jab.

That is the only contact I have had since my registration.

Short and sweet.

Edited by NE1
  • Thanks 1

A week or so ago I had a phone call from a guy who addressed me by name and asked me if I wanted a Pfizer vaccination. I asked where he was calling from, and he said "My wife is public health worker but she no speak good English, so I am helping her". I said I had already had a first vaccination, so I did not wish to participate in  a different programme. After a couple more attempts to tempt me with his Pfizer he gave up and rang off.

I assumed it was a scam of some sort. There was a recent mention on one of the Youtube news channels of hospital and/or public health databases being hacked.

1 hour ago, Farma said:

They forward to local levels when they've been unable to contact a person. 

Why unable to contact? they have my phone number and E-mail, and that is what the site originally said, ''we will contact you by e-mail''. just saying.

I'm lucky my missus is well informed and from what she told me, the clinic doctor "Him (its Her lol) not speak English to mut, only little bit" :clap2::cheesy:

A lot of the people tasked with contacting are local volunteers or health workers using their own phones. It appears to be the done thing here.

I'm not saying this is what happened to you. Most probably someone recognised your name due to your wifes work and helped by contacting you.

Contact problems I've seen..

People not answering calls from unknown numbers or just rejecting the call.

Others thinking its flash or another courier calling about a delivery.

Incorrect phone number or email input into the system. Sometimes mistyped due to unclear written application forms.

Others not listing a phone number or email address on registration. 

Other problems occur when people have registered on different websites. Each website issues a number against that person. The websites aren't linked causing people to have multiple assigned numbers.

This has been the case with people receiving AstraZeneca or other vaccination then being contacted for Pfizer.

Edited by Farma

Thanks for all replies, just to make it clear, my missus had been on at the doctor a few times to get me vaccinated but i was offered sinovac as the first shot before, which i refused. 

Just to say I am feeling less down, since hearing i'm on the 'list' even though it could be months before i get first shot, no more worrying on how and where to get vaccinated. ????

On 9/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Farma said:

That's possible of course but I have had one sinovac shot and one AZ shot through the pu yai's list in the village and so the missus and I were put on the hospital list for mass vaccination. I haven't heard anymore from expatvac at all. This evening the private hospital in Surin rang up the missus saying the pfizer jabs we applied for are there and we should present ourselves on the 20th of this month. My last jab of AZ was on the 6th so I don't know if it is safe to do so so soon after, I shall see what the doc says but apparently having ordered the jab (some time ago now) I will still have to pay if I refuse as they have ordered and paid for the pfizer jab case by case.