Thai high school students to start getting Pfizer jabs on Oct 4th - hope to open schools Nov 1st

webfact

Ok so if they are vaccinating kids now, who have an almost zero chance of becoming seriously ill from Covid and don't need the vaccine, then I guess we can presume that every single old/vulnerable person has now been offered 2 doses of the vaccine.    So that being the case, why are the bars still closed?    If that isn't the case, why are they vaccinating the people who don't need a vaccine before those that do?

They are talking about children over 12 and teens getting the jab.

I guess they do not want the higher grade schools to be total COVID factories.

Any child under 12 will not be vaccinated, and those will be the ones bringing COVID back to Mom and

Dad and other family members.  Good Luck parents.

Geezer

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

How many vaccinations did you have when you were a kid? 

All the vaccinations going that had been proven effective over years of trials and injections.

None for Covid, that as yet have not been proved safe for kids.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

All the vaccinations going that had been proven effective over years of trials and injections.

None for Covid, that as yet have not been proved safe for kids.

....and all the while, they're becoming increasingly infected worldwide.

So what to do.

40 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

....and all the while, they're becoming increasingly infected worldwide.

So what to do.

If a child has an underlying illness, which is likely to be targeted by Covid I would opt to have the injection.

Better to get the immune system used to covid and thus faster to react if the Covid infection is transmitted later.

If no underlying issues and fit & healthy I'd hang-fire a month or two and see what happens.

12 hours ago, James105 said:

Ok so if they are vaccinating kids now, who have an almost zero chance of becoming seriously ill from Covid and don't need the vaccine, then I guess we can presume that every single old/vulnerable person has now been offered 2 doses of the vaccine.    So that being the case, why are the bars still closed?    If that isn't the case, why are they vaccinating the people who don't need a vaccine before those that do?

As far as I know only 20% of the population is double (or more) vaccinated in Thailand. I know for a fact all the old and vulnerable have not yet been vaccinated, including those that wish to be. Bars are still closed as there is still Covid in the general population, which would spread if they were mixing in a bar environment. 

So it is not the case.

In fact many of your presumptions here are false.

Why vaccinate children, because they are being hospitalized for Covid, and are a major link in it's spread. It is being planned under medical advice.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1