Different dates for WORK permit and Visa

Hi guys

My work permit ends in mid October, nut my visa ends in mid December.

I understand that I have to renew my work permit before it ends.  Should I wait until my visa ends to renew it in December ( I mean before it ends)

Thank you

Are you working on a Marriage Visa ?  Is that how you got into this situation ?  Ask your Personnel Officer to call the Immigration & Labour Dept's. to see if the two can be synchrenised.  I recall a situation where a former colleague somehow got out of synch. by three days.  I believe in his case, Immigration agreed to give him 3 days of grace.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, UKMART said:

My WP is valid until March, and my B Visa is valid until May, its been like this for the best part of 10 years, never had any issues, just renew your WP as normal, then do your visa extension before exp.

M

Two years ago I renewed my visa extension in September and I was given until March as my passport would expire. I went to the labour office to do my work permit and even though I showed them my contract which was valid until September they only gave me a work permit until March. I was told that the work permit follows the visa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 5:57 PM, allane said:

Are you working on a Marriage Visa ?  Is that how you got into this situation ?  Ask your Personnel Officer to call the Immigration & Labour Dept's. to see if the two can be synchrenised.  I recall a situation where a former colleague somehow got out of synch. by three days.  I believe in his case, Immigration agreed to give him 3 days of grace.

No.  I am not married.  It's just normal situation of wp and visa.  Thank you