Does Thailand accept QR code vaccine certificates?

I think when the user (airline) scans QR code it gives information from Egyptian Health database.

There is also an app available with info or coming very soon.

Does Thailand accept these?

It's the only documents thing I'm not sure about and don't want to be missing one thing.

Ask your local Thai embassy. They are the ones who need to approve your COE, and will know whether specific proofs of vaccination are acceptable. By the way, I would recommend, in any case, ensuring you keep a printout of your record from the website to augment the certificate with the QR code..

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, onebaht said:

I'm in a country where you get a vaccine certificate with a QR code people have meant to scan with a phone. It will then show the details of the person's treatment on the country's health database.

Beyond saving a screenshot of your details on your country's health website and carrying the QR code for someone to check, can you request an international vaccination record or "vaccine passport" from your country?

Thailand's Ministry of Health is issuing this type of document for international travelers, so it would seem that one issued overseas would also be acceptable here.  http:\\vpassport.ddc.moph.go.th

16 minutes ago, onebaht said:

Thanks it's just so far away to embassy.

With perseverance, it is usually possible to contact an embassy by other means that visiting in person. If repeated attempts to phone and email the embassy fail, you may need to go ahead with a COE application, and see if the vaccination certificate is accepted.

29 minutes ago, onebaht said:

Thanks it's just so far away to embassy.

I think the certificate looks like this:

https://www.albayan.ae/polopoly_fs/1.4229681.1629295513!/image/image.jpg

Each country has its own database, even if you scan the QR code in Thailand, it won't show up. Remember, there are more than 100 countries in the world so there's no global database.

Thailand only recognize the Mor Prom health certificate as valid proof for local travel.

To enter Thailand, you must ask your Thai embassy whether they approve it.

Edited by EricTh

21 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Each country has its own database, even if you scan the QR code in Thailand, it won't show up.

The Egyptian system in question uses a QR code which translates to a URL on their Ministry of Health and Population website which presents the data on the subject in a user friendly format.  This is the same as for those vaccinated under the Thai system when they scan their QR code.  It'd be easy for anyone in Thailand to scan it and access the data.  Whether they accept it is another matter.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, treetops said:

The Egyptian system in question uses a QR code which translates to a URL on their Ministry of Health and Population website which presents the data on the subject in a user friendly format.  This is the same as for those vaccinated under the Thai system when they scan their QR code.  It'd be easy for anyone in Thailand to scan it and access the data.  Whether they accept it is another matter.

Like what I said, there are more than 190 countries in the world.

How do the Thai people know whether the website is fake or authentic if we are not from that country? Furthermore, it can be in any of the 190 languages in the world.

Edited by EricTh

18 hours ago, onebaht said:

What do you mean by "accept"? Do you mean as proof of being fully vaccinated for the purpose of getting a COE for the Phuket Sandbox, or as general proof of vaccination - for instance, to enter a restaurant or shopping mall here (if they ever really implement that requirement)?

For the Sandbox, Thai embassies and consulates seem to be accepting whatever is normally issued by the country in which they're located. The US, for example, issues Covid vaccination records on a paper card with absolutely no security features at all, but that is definitely "accepted" for entering the Sandbox.

For general purposes (restaurants, etc) in Thailand, there has been zero discussion by the Thai government about what foreign documents might be useable - all they talk about is Mor Prom for those who were locally vaccinated. They'll clearly have to figure something out for foreign vaccine records if they're at all serious about opening to large scale tourism, but so far there's been nothing. (The various hi-so and celebrity folks who were vaccinated abroad will presumably also insist on having a way of entering restaurants...)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

The MOPH website gives all the instructions on the first page in Thai and English BUT when you click on a link the subsequent pages are all in Thai ????   ระบบนัดหมายสำหรับการขอเอกสารรับรองฯ (moph.go.th)

Daft !!!

Better be careful using that website, it does not even use SSL but does process sensitive information over forms, insanity. Other than that, as far I seen from a Thai his QR is that it only shows a unique certificate number and the doses and dates, not a persons name. In theory that means anyone could use any QR without them knowing.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

The Egyptian system in question uses a QR code which translates to a URL on their Ministry of Health and Population website which presents the data on the subject in a user friendly format. 

Surely then he can just print out a screen shot of these details?

On 9/17/2021 at 6:52 PM, treetops said:

I was responding in particular to:

which was incorrect.  I have read Hassan's QR code pictured above and accessed his record.  Any Thai IO could do the same.

Yes, it must be that the QR code contains the website address for the Egyptian database and the code to access the individual's vaccination record. If there were an international app created for authorities to read these codes, it could limit access to people who have a right to know. Maybe the vaccinated person should have a pin code to access his/her data.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:08 AM, onebaht said:

Okay I will take the certificate to Thai embassy to ask when I have it.

You don’t need to take it there. Just apply for the COE and they will tell you if they accept it. The local Thai Embassy will know what your local vaccine certificates look like.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, sawadee1947 said:

Probably they would accept the international vaccination certificate.

There is no such thing. Every country has their own. The international community has not agreed on a “vaccine passport” yet. Some regional countries have agreed on some sort of passport but that is about it.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:57 PM, khunjeff said:

What do you mean by "accept"? Do you mean as proof of being fully vaccinated for the purpose of getting a COE for the Phuket Sandbox, or as general proof of vaccination - for instance, to enter a restaurant or shopping mall here (if they ever really implement that requirement)?

For the Sandbox, Thai embassies and consulates seem to be accepting whatever is normally issued by the country in which they're located. The US, for example, issues Covid vaccination records on a paper card with absolutely no security features at all, but that is definitely "accepted" for entering the Sandbox.

For general purposes (restaurants, etc) in Thailand, there has been zero discussion by the Thai government about what foreign documents might be useable - all they talk about is Mor Prom for those who were locally vaccinated. They'll clearly have to figure something out for foreign vaccine records if they're at all serious about opening to large scale tourism, but so far there's been nothing. (The various hi-so and celebrity folks who were vaccinated abroad will presumably also insist on having a way of entering restaurants...)

Vaccination for entry into businesses has not even been agreed upon yet. However, I think those that entered through a Sandbox can just show their Sandbox completion certificate since you need to be vaccinated to even enter the Sandbox. However, TIT. I don’t know what can be done for those that enter through the ASQ/ASLQ though.

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

There is no such thing. Every country has their own. The international community has not agreed on a “vaccine passport” yet. Some regional countries have agreed on some sort of passport but that is about it.

Wrong! Inform yourself better!

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Because you don't have it doesn't mean it wouldn't exist. It's an International Certificate with all your vaccinations you got up to now. (Rabies, Yellow fever, Polio, Covid aso).

You didn't know that? Where you from? From a lost little Island?

On 9/18/2021 at 6:21 AM, Sheryl said:

Surely then he can just print out a screen shot of these details?

Yes, but we're still left with the same question as to whether Thailand will accept it.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, placnx said:

Yes, it must be that the QR code contains the website address for the Egyptian database and the code to access the individual's vaccination record. If there were an international app created for authorities to read these codes, it could limit access to people who have a right to know. Maybe the vaccinated person should have a pin code to access his/her data.

The example shown above requires a pin code.  It's at the bottom of the form and was required to access his info.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, onebaht said:

I think when the user (airline) scans QR code it gives information from Egyptian Health database.

There is also an app available with info or coming very soon.

Does Thailand accept these?

It's the only documents thing I'm not sure about and don't want to be missing one thing.

Thailand's own vaccine program uses QR codes. They do however, have a paperwork addiction. So print out your data and take three copies. I'm not kidding!