Ignored

HeijoshinCool

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

And, not that I care, but do they know they are being ignored?

I usually give them the heads up, e.g. congratulations, you have won 1st prize, you've been added to my ignore list, have a nice life.

Naturally you won't see their reply....lol

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Then it would turn into a competition amongst the many trolls to see who could win the coveted "Most Ignored Member Of The Year" (MIMOTY) award.

Personally, if I tried really hard, I could probably care less if someone "ignored" me. The ones who do are generally the ones who post all manner of BS and hate it when I come along and point out that they are full of c.rap. 

Most trolls don't end up being around long before they get the ban hammer so I don't find much need to ignore anyone. If they are trolling me, then they are probably trolling everyone else they interact with here and sooner or later the hammer comes down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 9:47 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I usually give them the heads up, e.g. congratulations, you have won 1st prize, you've been added to my ignore list, have a nice life.

Naturally you won't see their reply....lol

That is not allowed, the post will be removed. 

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I wonder if they could add a block function so as the other person could not see any of your posts? 

Bad idea. It would allow some people to post absolute B.S. knowing that the people who would point out the truth wouldn't be able to see what was posted.

Anti-vaxxers, supporters of a failed politician, covid deniers and others would have a field day as they'd be able to post whatever c.rap they wanted and if anyone pointed out they were full of **** they could just "ignore" that person and then "block" them so they couldn't see what other bull**** you post.

• 1 month later...

It's not overly annoying, however....

So day back in my notifications I saw several maybe 8 notifications for this one dill.

I noticed that they were all laugh emoji.

I then noticed he had basically gone through the whole thread and laugh emoji at all the posts of everyone.

Does that earn a slap or people let it slide due to the chaps mental state.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:57 PM, Kerryd said:

Then it would turn into a competition amongst the many trolls to see who could win the coveted "Most Ignored Member Of The Year" (MIMOTY) award.

Don't know about ignoring me, but I have 5-6 pages of people I ignore.

Usually they disappear as posters, then reappear in new incarnations, then I have to ignore them again.

(PS: I usually ignore people for making personal insults)