Jump to content

Options for making documents public


Recommended Posts

What options are available to make PDF documents easily accessible to read online, principally by the members of our 300-strong sports club. Also by others around the world, within our sport, who would be interested in doing so too.

 

Our goal is to publicise the unscrupulous and illegal activities of the directors of our sports club who are conceaing their activities from the membership. Also to counter the deliberately misleading and misrepresentative minutes of the directors' bi-monthly board meetings which they publish to the members via the club website.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy... create a new (and FREE) gmail account.  With each account you also receive 15GB of cloud storage.

You can access the storage through a web browser and then create folders as you would on any storage device.

 

You can then create a link to any folder and make that link public.  Anyone who receives the link can then access the files/documents stored in that folder.  I don't know if Google would tolerate a ton of traffic for free if your content proved extremely popular.

 

I don't know of any method to advertise your content or make it known by a Google search.  You may need access to a mailing list of your 300 members so that you can send each of them the link.  Sending those emails would make it possible to trace the content back to the sender unless you use one of the (supposedly) anonymous e-mail services available on the internet.

 

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it you have cast iron evidence!!!

 

Why are you not taking a legal route?

 

You could be inviting a whole world of grief onto yourselves.....just saying.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the replies folks. Perhaps I should elaborate a little.

 

Last September 2020 there was a hostile takeover of our member owned sports club (a Limited Company) by a group of longstanding members in order to prevent the then Chairman and board of directors from implementing necessary staffing overhead costs by reducing the managers' woking hours. This action was absolutely necessary in order to to enable the club to remain commercially viable following the events of Covid lockdown which decimated our pre-covid membership numbers.

 

Via a campaign of deceipt, false allegations and false rumour the hostile group managed to persuade the, sheeple, membership to vote off the then Board en mass and install the hostile group's placemen. The new Chairman being the hostile group's leader and the new Premises director being the manager's father. Since taking power they've abused their legal authority to nip in the bud any questioning of their subsequent actions which includes the illegitimate sacking of the ex Chairman's son and the illegal expulsion of me and a colleague to prevent us from being elected onto the board of directors at the Annual General Meeting earlier this year.

 

Their underhand and illegal actions have now embroyled The Club in two sets of litigation. The first in respect of the illegal sacking of the ousted Chairman's son, the second in respect of our (me and my colleague) illegal expulsion from The Club.

 

So alongside these two running legal cases, both of which have been concealed from the members by the board, we feel it's now time to publicise these events to the membership as it is only they who can get rid of this Board which, by their actions, has set the club on the road to commercial ruin and liquidation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Easy... create a new (and FREE) gmail account.  With each account you also receive 15GB of cloud storage.

You can access the storage through a web browser and then create folders as you would on any storage device.

 

You can then create a link to any folder and make that link public.  Anyone who receives the link can then access the files/documents stored in that folder.  I don't know if Google would tolerate a ton of traffic for free if your content proved extremely popular.

 

I don't know of any method to advertise your content or make it known by a Google search.  You may need access to a mailing list of your 300 members so that you can send each of them the link.  Sending those emails would make it possible to trace the content back to the sender unless you use one of the (supposedly) anonymous e-mail services available on the internet.

 

You mean something like this fantastic decision which actually happened in August?

Consequences of the illegal actions by the Club's Board of Directors

 

Yes, that's one option I'd considered and to send the link directly to members 80% of whom we legitimately have their email addresses.

What would be a bonus, if it's doable, is to be able to have a record of say, the number of visits and by whom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I take it you have cast iron evidence!!!

 

Why are you not taking a legal route?

 

You could be inviting a whole world of grief onto yourselves.....just saying.

Good points. You can now see that we, and the ex Cahirman's son, have taken the legal route.

 

We discussed our poposed publicity strategy with our barrister some months ago. He was absolutly clear that we could publish anything as long as it was true.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

any Gmail or torrent could be easily blocked.

if you want to publish something in really un-erasable-way then consider using Bitcoin blockchain.

there is even child porn inside that is impossible to delete.

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just upload it to the website of your club 👍

 

If you don’t have a website, you can share it using platforms such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or even Facebook by simply uploading the PDF file in the files-section of your Facebook Group or Page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hansje1980 said:

Just upload it to the website of your club 👍

 

If you don’t have a website, you can share it using platforms such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or even Facebook by simply uploading the PDF file in the files-section of your Facebook Group or Page.

Unfortunately we have only read access to the club's website. Only the rogue directors are able to change the content and upload their propoganda style board meeting minutes.

 

What i'm now considering doing is setting up a webpage with an infographic timeline of significant events with short descriptions of each event so that people can see at a glance what happened and when. The descriptions will be clickable radio button links to the respective pdf documents and additional information surrounding each significant event.

 

 

Capture1.JPG

Edited by prophet01
info
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, prophet01 said:

Unfortunately we have only read access to the club's website. Only the rogue directors are able to change the content and upload their propoganda style board meeting minutes.

 

What i'm now considering doing is setting up a webpage with an infographic timeline of significant events with short descriptions of each event so that people can see at a glance what happened and when. The descriptions will be clickable radio button links to the respective pdf documents and additional information surrounding each significant event.

 

 

Capture1.JPG

Ah that’s very unfortunate, however whatever you plan to do, be careful and I wish you best of luck 🙏🏼

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...