90 day report - first time

Hi 

I have to do my first 90 day report next month in Koh Tao, where I've been since January. It's a new requirement with the covid extension, never had to it before.

However, I'm planning to move next week to Pattaya for a couple of month. Can I do the 90 days report directly there or do I have to go to immigration here before leaving to communicate that I'm moving?

Thanks

Andrea

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand. Meaning tourist visa, visa exempt etc?

You should not have to do 90 day report.

When does your current extension end and when are you planning on going to Pattaya.

I entered on tourist visa and did covid extension since then. My current stamp is valid until December, but when I did my previous extension they gave me the notice for the 90 day report which I have to do on October 20th. They said that it was a new rule, maybe it's just here in Koh Tao. I'm planning to leave to Pattaya in a week or so. 

As I understand, I should be able to do the 90 day report at any immigration, as long as my new landlord register my stay at the new address. Am I correct? 

56 minutes ago, tarzanet said:

As I understand, I should be able to do the 90 day report at any immigration, as long as my new landlord register my stay at the new address. Am I correct?

Thats correct. Referred to as a TM30. 

Ask your hotel to make sure they file a TM30. You will need one for future covid extension if still available when your current extension ends. 

I don't think a 90 report will be required. Drop into immigration when your in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

90 days report technically applies to all foreigners, including tourist and exempts, but before COVID naturally it was a moot requirement since they aren't staying long, so they didn't bother asking for it. Since COVID they have started putting people on the report cycle if they are applying for the COVID extension, regardless of visa type. Depends on the office.

When I extended in Chiang Mai in January, they put me (Visa exempt) on the 90 days report, so I've had to file it regularly ever since. The same is the case here in Koh Phangan. I checked with the officers, but they confirmed that once you've been formerly asked to do it (which it appears you have), then you have to continue filing 90 days reports.

Edited by HexTree
  • Thanks 1