Congratulations LG customer service.

Andycoops

Having purchased various brands while living in Thailand and finding that customer service repair  options are limited or non existent.

It came as a wonderful surprise when I contact LG service centre to enquire if they could repair my large screen TV.

Yes, they said we can send a service engineer to your home.

Now when you live in the boonies of Isaan, this is magic to your ears.

All done in less than a week.

I shall be buying more LG products when the time comes to change out my other electrical goods.

We will never buy any LG products ever again. We had two 10-yer old 55" plasma TVs which we asked LG to repair. LG quoted us a price for the repair, the shop they had contracted in Sisaket took one of the two TVs to their shop, but brought it back two days later and said: "cannot repair, no more spare part available." The spare part in question is a power supply. In total I had bought four 55" LG plasmas, but two of them I sold together with our house i Pattaya. Plus eight LG air conditioners. Never, ever again. Customer service seems not to exist for them.

What a fine company, huh?!

• Confused 1

Just for your info:

My son took one of our LG Plasma TVs to Bangkok and had the power supply replaced with a brand new one for 2'800 Baht in a small shop. But LG Service Center is unable to help. Shame on them!

We will gladly give the facebook site of the repair shop to people interested.

Edited by Dario