ThailandPlus App - Registration Issues

Hi all - anyone facing issues with the ThailandPlus app? I've been able to install the App and prompted to Register when I completed the initial downlaod and opened the App for the first time. At that time, I didn't have the CoE full approval so was unable to complete the Registration. When the CoE was approved, I tried to open the App to Register but it opens / closes within a few seconds. I've tried Uninstall / Install but same issue. Also tried Google searches to see if this is a known issue / any tips on how to resolve but struggling to find a solution. My mobile is a Samsung if that makes a difference.

Any assistance / guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CB

I've just read the reviews on the Play Store for this App. All of the Reviews from the last week are flagging the same issue. Hopefully the 1 Star reviews will prompt someone to apply a fix asap.

I wonder how arrivals in the last week have gotten around this issue. I don't travel for 4 weeks so will continue to monitor the position. Anyone with first hand experience / insight would be greatly appreciated.

Just now, Otto2910 said:

i went to the sandbox in phuket last month. Nobody asked about the Thailand Plus app, but the mor chana app is required.

I think Mor Chana app is specific to the 'sandbox' schemes - I'm doing ASQ in Bangkok so, as far as I'm aware, the correct App for me is the ThailandPlus. Hopefully it will be fixed by then! Thanks for replying.

8 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

I think Mor Chana app is specific to the 'sandbox' schemes - I'm doing ASQ in Bangkok so, as far as I'm aware, the correct App for me is the ThailandPlus. Hopefully it will be fixed by then! Thanks for replying.

The print out of the COE is your alternative solution, if the Thailand Plus app does not work. However, when I arrived in Thailand (end of July), nobody even asked about the app, they wanted to see was papers, papers, paper sand more papers...

Arrived in Phuket under the Sandbox model and they checked Thaiplus App on arrival.

People without having Thaiplud installed on the App had to install it first.

The App worked till a view day's ago on my phone but since then I cannot open the App anymore.

I just left phuket sandbox today, and when I arrived 2 weeks ago, they said Thailand Plus does not work and made me install Mor Chana.  Only time anyone has ever asked to see Mor Chana is when doing scan check-in at hotel each morning.  I drove off via vehicle this morning and they didn't check it at the Phuket checkpoint or the Phangnga one either.

Just papers and papers and papers as mentioned above.  They gotta make sure you paid your money...  App has no money involved, hence no interest would be my guess.

Mor Chana screws my phone up also.  Maps app goes crazy sometimes.  One hint on Android is you can go to settings/apps and force close it.  Just open right before you check in to hotel each day.

10 hours ago, Sato said:

Arrived in Phuket under the Sandbox model and they checked Thaiplus App on arrival.

The App worked till a view day's ago on my phone but since then I cannot open the App anymore.

Thanks for this info. Good to know the issue isn't being faced by just me! I have the app installed on my phone - I just hope they dont ask me to open it....

I've managed to get it installed & working on my iPad. This, however, won't have network access at all times and I'm not carrying this about when outside! Hopefully, having the app on my front screen page of my phone &/or the ipad working will be sufficient to get me through whatever checks I face.

I'll continue to check the app on my phone and see if whatever bugs / upgrades are added to the current version to fix the issues being faced.

4 hours ago, n8sail said:

I just left phuket sandbox today, and when I arrived 2 weeks ago, they said Thailand Plus does not work and made me install Mor Chana.  Only time anyone has ever asked to see Mor Chana is when doing scan check-in at hotel each morning.  I drove off via vehicle this morning and they didn't check it at the Phuket checkpoint or the Phangnga one either.

Just papers and papers and papers as mentioned above.  They gotta make sure you paid your money...  App has no money involved, hence no interest would be my guess.

Mor Chana screws my phone up also.  Maps app goes crazy sometimes.  One hint on Android is you can go to settings/apps and force close it.  Just open right before you check in to hotel each day.

Thanks for this reply - good to know they appear to be aware of the issues with ThailandPlus. I'm happy to download whatever apps they require to be installed - fells like it is just a case of doing whatever they need, depending on who you are dealing with. There is no set / consistent approach or answer to this.

I've taken a mental note of the force close for future. I'm using ASQ rather than 'sandbox' - I'll just have it working and charged up for the 14 days whilst in the hotel room to keep things simple.

I've just seen the update re shorter quarantines being proposed again for go-live in October. Hopefully these are approved and will apply to my ASQ period which starts near the end of October. 7 days ASQ instead of 14 will be great.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

App does the same for me and as I complete quarantine tomorrow I have uninstalled it. (uses a lot of memory and drains the battery)

At no time on or after entry did anyone ask to see that I had it installed.

Thanks for your reply Sheryl - very useful.

Just to clarify, pre-travel did you manage to install and register using the CoE Ref / Number and get it working? And during the entire journey from check-in at home country to ASQ check-in, nobody asked about the ThailandPlus app (or any other App)? Lastly, is your ASQ in Bangkok?

You will be delighted to be through ASQ - safe onward travels.

CB

10 hours ago, Sato said:

Thanks for this info. Sato.  What does the check actaully involve? Do you need to open / show tracking status etc or is it a merely checking you have the App installed on your phone?

Re the people who didn't have this installed, do you know if they faced any issues? Also, can I ask when this was? The Play Store reviews for this app are showing negative reviews from about 2 weeks ago flagging this issue of Open / Closing and unable to register.

Hopefully they are able to fix whatever issues / bugs there are or I will need to try and wing it with my iPad!

22 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

Thanks for your reply Sheryl - very useful.

Just to clarify, pre-travel did you manage to install and register using the CoE Ref / Number and get it working? And during the entire journey from check-in at home country to ASQ check-in, nobody asked about the ThailandPlus app (or any other App)? Lastly, is your ASQ in Bangkok?

You will be delighted to be through ASQ - safe onward travels.

CB

Yes to all questions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Done 2 COE's, February and July, didn't work either time and no one asked for it.

Useful info - much appreciated. Makes me feel more relaxed about travelling with this requirement unresolved.

Did they ask you to use an alternative tracking app / solution? One of the other posters said they used Mor Chana at the Phuket sandbox instead.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:04 PM, Carrbhoy said:

Thanks for this info. Sato.  What does the check actaully involve? Do you need to open / show tracking status etc or is it a merely checking you have the App installed on your phone?

Re the people who didn't have this installed, do you know if they faced any issues? Also, can I ask when this was? The Play Store reviews for this app are showing negative reviews from about 2 weeks ago flagging this issue of Open / Closing and unable to register.

Hopefully they are able to fix whatever issues / bugs there are or I will need to try and wing it with my iPad!

g'day mate. the devs, such as they are, responded to my one-star review on the Play Store with the URL for a pre-release patched version of the app, v1.0.1, hosted on Google Drive.

I downloaded the APK file from their gdrive folder and installed it on my Sammy S21+ but can't fully test it because I don't have my COE yet. but the app a least opened and let me take a propic and then let me get as far as entering the COE access code.

I won't post the link here because I'm not sure about the rules but you should be able to find it on the Play Store by looking up the bad reviews. it's not a hyperlink so you'll have to input manually if you're keen enough.

• Like 1

Same story as a lot of the previous posters I downloaded Thailandplus in the UK I was advised it was a mandatory requirement to enter Thailand and it worked I perfectly flew into Bangkok mid June nobody mentioned it at the airport, I asked when i got to the ASQ hotel and neither the hotel or the nurses had even heard of it. Its now stopped working (not sure when last week or so) opens then closes straight away have reloaded it a few times and still not working. Not sure if its still a mandatory requirement or if it ever was, would be interested if anyone knows

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

g'day mate. the devs, such as they are, responded to my one-star review on the Play Store with the URL for a pre-release patched version of the app, v1.0.1, hosted on Google Drive.

I downloaded the APK file from their gdrive folder and installed it on my Sammy S21+ but can't fully test it because I don't have my COE yet. but the app a least opened and let me take a propic and then let me get as far as entering the COE access code.

I won't post the link here because I'm not sure about the rules but you should be able to find it on the Play Store by looking up the bad reviews. it's not a hyperlink so you'll have to input manually if you're keen enough.

Excellent mate - this has sorted the issue.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Same story as a lot of the previous posters I downloaded Thailandplus in the UK I was advised it was a mandatory requirement to enter Thailand and it worked I perfectly flew into Bangkok mid June nobody mentioned it at the airport, I asked when i got to the ASQ hotel and neither the hotel or the nurses had even heard of it. Its now stopped working (not sure when last week or so) opens then closes straight away have reloaded it a few times and still not working. Not sure if its still a mandatory requirement or if it ever was, would be interested if anyone knows

Thanks for sharing - if you want to sort the issue, see the earlier Post from @Lemsta69

Bit of a palaver manually keying it but I've now got it working. Whether it is needed or not - I'll find out in a few weeks! 

Just now, JackGats said:

I had an old Galaxy S7 and it wouldn't work on that. Itworked on my newer Galaxy S10+.

I assume the Thais didn't want people to run the app on older phones instead of the number one phone you carry around.

Not sure what the issue was but the large number of 1 star negative reviews have prompted the Devs to do something about it!

I was unable to get v1.0 of the app to work on my Samsung (bought 2 years ago) but it worked fine on my iPad. Anyway, the amended version is now working fine on my phone so good news and once again, the posters of ASEAN are able to assist.