What’s it REALLY like to be in a small part of Thailand, during this Virally-affected, and Historically Important, Period of Time?

GammaGlobulin

Perhaps you might recall that, about 18 months ago, when the New-age Covid plague began, many governments were warning their citizens to return home.  Some warnings stated that one should either get back home, immediately, or face many months of being stranded in a Foreign Land.

Many of us worried that we did not know which “foreign land” these diplomats were referring to.  For example, might our governments ship us off to some foreign land we had never heard of?

To some more enlightened minds, a “foreign land” might have referred to either Istanbul or, maybe, Alexandria, Egypt.  For me, both cities are foreign lands, and I would not have wished to be stranded in either one.

Fortunately, the first warning proved not true, and few, if any, were stranded in a foreign land. Instead, I, like most of us, remained in a land weIl loved, and in a place we all love. In my case, I stranded myself most willingly in  a very small part of Thailand, a place with plenty of Thai Myna birds.

I do not know much about other parts of Thailand, simply because I don’t like to travel.

The reason I don’t like to travel these days is because, in most cases, my fellow travelers are not the same as they once were, maybe thirty or fourty years ago.  Decades ago, most travelers wore ties, and were always very respectful.  These days, nobody wears ties, and almost no one is respectful.  I do not know why.

Therefore, it really did not matter what warning I might have received from the State Department, still I was unwilling to get on a plane, due to the risk of the virus, and also due to the fear of encountering unruly passengers onboard any commercial flights available to me.

And, of course, like you, no one has a fear of flying when one has access to a Gulfstream. Yet, even while my government issued this warning, still, my government did not send me a G650, something I have seen happen, in the past, when the government wants to move people from point to point, sometimes, in the dead of night.

So, fine.

Everything was OK, 18 months ago.

Everything is OK, now.

Life is pretty much as normal for me.

Same, Same:  99.99% of people here are STILL wonderful, as you can imagine.

Yes, I am getting fatter, by the month, as this virus situation rolls on.

My ties seem to be getting shorter, yet this “ lack of length” is obviously due to my increased girth, and not due to my silk Chinese ties.  (Some say that ties are too short, due to the fact that most Chinese factory workers are shorter than buyers of Chinese ties in the UK.)

There are many things to worry about, here, if only you allow yourself to worry, overly. Otherwise, if you do not watch the news, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about, other than being driven Mad by too much solitude, and too much time with oneself.

It’s always the same, in all cases:.

Life is better if you think about trying to help someone you know, or someone you don’t know.

Yet, sometimes, helping someone is not as easy as you might think.  

Why?

HINT:

First you gotta identify who needs help.

Then you gotta convince them that they need help.

Then you gotta convince them that you can help.

Then you gotta help.

After you have helped, then no one will thank you, usually.

One  could go on, and on, and on…..

In the end, it is just about as difficult to help others as it is to help oneself, which is to say, nothing is easy in this life.

Life in Thailand is better than most places in the world.

But, this is something you need not hear from me in order to understand, nor something which you do not already know.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Gigi-

Watch the first few minutes of A River Runs Through It.....

You are the boy completing a writing assignment so he may go fishing, and we are your stern father.

Now go back and edit out 50% of your OP.

Then do it again, and again, until all you have left is that last paragraph.

There now, perfect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Dear Gigi-

Watch the first few minutes of A River Runs Through It.....

You are the boy completing a writing assignment so he may go fishing, and we are your stern father.

Now go back and edit out 50% of your OP.

Then do it again, and again, until all you have left is that last paragraph.

There now, perfect.

aa.  I loved Brad Pitt in this film.

bb. Going over the waterfall was exciting.

cc. If you were with me on a boat, a larger boat, then I might not put you in the stern, manning the rudder.  Instead, I might have you in the galley, or, in rough weather, pumping the bilge.

Still, thank you very much for your comments which I will keep in mind.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, beachproperty said:

10 minutes is 10 minutes, and 10 minutes of my life has been wasted on your OP. 

So much easier to put the OP on ignore (as I and no doubt many others have done).  IMHO, the OP is either mentally ill, suffering from dementia, or high on drugs.  Whatever it is, I don't have to waste my time reading his drivel.... ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

So much easier to put the OP on ignore (as I and no doubt many others have done).  IMHO, the OP is either mentally ill, suffering from dementia, or high on drugs.  Whatever it is, I don't have to waste my time reading his drivel.... ????

Please rest assured, I am no Ken Kesey, by any means.

• Haha 1

We certainly should expect this interesting historic era to be acceptingly rewritten and revised, if such is not the case we speak. 

Things are never what they appear to be.

Who are we?

What are we?

Where are we going?

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It’s always the same, in all cases:.

Life is better if you think about trying to help someone you know, or someone you don’t know.

Yet, sometimes, helping someone is not as easy as you might think.  

Why?

HINT:

First you gotta identify who needs help.

Then you gotta convince them that they need help.

Then you gotta convince them that you can help.

Then you gotta help.

After you have helped, then no one will thank you, usually.

One  could go on, and on, and on…..

In the end, it is just about as difficult to help others as it is to help oneself, which is to say, nothing is easy in this life.

Life in Thailand is better than most places in the world.

The only comment I have to make is, please read the above and everything is sorted.

Genius !!!