What's the average cost of a root canal + post and an implant?

Beandrops

Do you want the average price asked, the average price paid for the service, the average price paid by farangs for the service or the average price paid by all customers, including or excluding those Thais that get 30 Baht medical service? And would that be for all crowns, gold crowns only, silver metal crowns, white ceramic crowns or redwood crowns?

• Haha 1

I also use Dental 4 You and do need some implants but so far have kicked it down the road. I think in the end you should expect to pay between 50,000 and 60,000 unless you go super high-end. There is also the question if you will need...I forget the term, bone reinforcement. I think this is for upper implants only where if your bone where the teeth sit is too thing they need to strengthen it. I get the impression it is necessary more often than not. I can't quite recall but it adds 15 to 20k to the price. I was told I need this done after an X-ray of my jaw bone. Hmmm who knows?

I paid 55k each for two implants in Bkk not so long ago. I also paid 12/15 cant remember for a root canal (4 visits in total) which failed at the last hurdle and had to be extracted anyway. Subsequently the tooth next to it broke. So I've not worried about it since but the two I got were the best thing. I got the feeling that the regular dentist covered up for the root canal dentist who f'd up, because on the last visit something happened, then 2 weeks later when I went back to my regular dentist to get the cap on it it he advised me that it was cracked beyond repair. Shame because until that point I'd been very happy with the Bkk dentist. I wouldn't use the dentists in Chantaburi because they dont speak any English (sorry dont mean to hijack your Chiang Mai thread).

On 9/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, Dante99 said:

Do you want the average price asked, the average price paid for the service, the average price paid by farangs for the service or the average price paid by all customers, including or excluding those Thais that get 30 Baht medical service? And would that be for all crowns, gold crowns only, silver metal crowns, white ceramic crowns or redwood crowns?

The average for Thais. Whit crowns. 

40 minutes ago, meechai said:

http://www.gracedentalclinic.com/prices/

You can see prices for root canal, posts etc etc

Pitty so far away..........  + Thai dentist still do post + Crown it appears.....

Covid is a big problem as most Dentist appear not open or do not want to see new patients..

2003 had work done on the uppers in Queen Mothers Hospital in BKK  total 3 x pins + 3 x crowns + 2x bridge, the single crown at the front keeps falling out, 7 months ago fell out and broke on the floor. my dentist for past 14 years says all must come out and have plastic plate.

Hate plastic plate had 2 teeth on a plate since age 16.. spent most of the time being repaired or replaced.

2 other dentist I have managed to see, will not do any work just look + advise...  appears 2 options the 8 upper teeth/pins to come out + plastic plate or implants....... rough price plastic 25.000 baht or 280 - 370,000 baht for implants..  @ 71 year old I am not spending all that on Implants........  have 6 perfect lower front teeth, why on earth would I need a full plastic upper set ? + how do they stay in ?

to me over the 6 lower teeth, on the top have 1 pin with crown and crown bridge each side, then my own single tooth each side and in the middle the problem pin and crown...  so cannot understand why cannot have the 2 [my own] teeth out and have a plate of 7 teeth on 3 pins ?

Anyone have anything like this done in resent years ??

On 9/26/2021 at 9:55 AM, Bluetongue said:

I also paid 12/15 cant remember for a root canal (4 visits in total) which failed at the last hurdle and had to be extracted anyway. 

Ha! I can better that one; 17or 18 years ago I became the owner of an $1,800 hole.  I'd had a root canal/post and crown done on a back tooth in the late 1980's and it went quite badly wrong, ending with lot of pain and 23 stitches following a surgical extraction (which I was never charged for so I can only assume they stuffed it up).  I really didn't want to go down that route again, but my (new) dentist was so nice; he convinced me that I should try to save it and that I'd just been really, really unlucky and lightning doesn't strike twice and anyway, he wasn't going to attempt to do it himself - he knew a top rate orthodontist, and he wouldn't have gotten to be in a 30th floor office in Collins Street if he wasn't really, really good at what he did.  I should have listened to the thunder that was starting to rumble. 

A few weeks later when I went to my GP in a very bad way, having lost 20kg (even if I had had an appetite I physically couldn't eat) she looked at the 10 day course of antibiotics Mr Top End of Town had given me (TWICE) and, shaking her head, said 'Was he an older man? (Nope, younger than me).  We don't use those for this kind of infection any more'.

15 hours ago, Konini said:

Ha! I can better that one; 17or 18 years ago I became the owner of an $1,800 hole.  I'd had a root canal/post and crown done on a back tooth in the late 1980's and it went quite badly wrong, ending with lot of pain and 23 stitches following a surgical extraction (which I was never charged for so I can only assume they stuffed it up).  I really didn't want to go down that route again, but my (new) dentist was so nice; he convinced me that I should try to save it and that I'd just been really, really unlucky and lightning doesn't strike twice and anyway, he wasn't going to attempt to do it himself - he knew a top rate orthodontist, and he wouldn't have gotten to be in a 30th floor office in Collins Street if he wasn't really, really good at what he did.  I should have listened to the thunder that was starting to rumble. 

A few weeks later when I went to my GP in a very bad way, having lost 20kg (even if I had had an appetite I physically couldn't eat) she looked at the 10 day course of antibiotics Mr Top End of Town had given me (TWICE) and, shaking her head, said 'Was he an older man? (Nope, younger than me).  We don't use those for this kind of infection any more'.

And so that means the average cost here in Chiang Mai is how much?

Or have you posted on the wrong topic again?

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, HeijoshinCool said:

There is just something about wedging a piece of bone in my jaw that comes either from a cow or a cadaver that makes me think that gap I have looks stylish.

or get a bridge

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

And so that means the average cost here in Chiang Mai is how much?

Or have you posted on the wrong topic again?

It's called sharing an anecdote - I was replying to someone not in Chiang Mai so not giving an average cost here, but that didn't seem to incur any wrath.  Perhaps I just got unlucky.

|| Or have you posted on the wrong topic again?

Again?  It's been a long time since I posted, I tend not to any more because of general unpleasantness.  

On 10/11/2021 at 4:47 AM, 0james0 said:

I wouldn't know about implants, though I had a couple crowns done at Grace Dental, Nimmam area by Dr Sahatpho about ฿15000 each. Thay have a CEREC there and top tier dental work.

Never go cheap on dental work 

You've got to be kidding.