Chiang Khan

Saraburi121

Thinking about visiting Chiang Khan during the first week of October.  Are any restaurants open there? Is there Grab food available?   Would like to just take a trip away from the house for a few days, not looking for entertainment or shopping, just a motel on the river to relax for a few days and drive around. 

We live in Saraburi a deep red province.  Hard to find current entry requirements for Loei any info would be appreciated.  We are vaccinated except for my 16 year old son. Any recommendations and information would be appreciated.  Never been to Chiang Khan.

Probably not much help but as there are no other replies I was there last Christmas.

Beautiful place by the river. 

Hotels are rather small and rather noisy. Not much soundproofing in the rooms.

make sure you get a river view room. Stunning views.

You will get woken up at 5.30 am as everyone prepares for the monks to rock up.

Some nice little eating places along the river but closed rather early when we were there. 9pm.

Make sure you drive out to the Sky Walk. Well worth a visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

Probably not much help but as there are no other replies I was there last Christmas.

Beautiful place by the river. 

Hotels are rather small and rather noisy. Not much soundproofing in the rooms.

make sure you get a river view room. Stunning views.

You will get woken up at 5.30 am as everyone prepares for the monks to rock up.

Some nice little eating places along the river but closed rather early when we were there. 9pm.

Make sure you drive out to the Sky Walk. Well worth a visit.

Thanks for the reply!  Maybe there are not a lot of folks traveling about right now hence the lack of replies.  

We called some hotels and get different answers about entry requirements. One hotel said 14 days  quarantine if your from a deep red zone and one said don’t worry you can come no quarantine.  

I would like to get out of the house for a bit and relax with beer Laos on the river.